Chapter 6

"Kian, this is my brother John." I said

"Brother?" Kian said

"Yes." I said

"No, I won't give you the brother lecture. I hate that." John said

Kian sighed.

"You scared the crap out of me Mel." Kian said

"I have to get back before people start worrying." John said

John picked me and and gave me a quick hug before leaving. I heard his car speed down the road.

"Where are you gonna go? What are you gonna do?" Kian asked

"I'm gonna stay here." I whispered

"Mel, don't be scared." Kian said

"Don't be scared?" I said harsher than I wanted to

"We are all here for you. Just calm down." Kian said

I took a deep breath. I sat down on the couch. Connor came down the stairs.

"Is everything okay?" Connor asked

"Hopefully." I whispered

I stood up and faced Connor. His face lit up.

"You came back." Connor said

"I will always come back Connor."

Then I heard a voice in my head.

The only way for you to die is to put an arrow through your heel. the voice said

My eyes turned glassy. I backed up.

You can do it right now. Get away from everything.

"No." I whispered, shaking my head

Then I saw her standing in the corner of the room with a gun to her head. The gun went off and she collapsed. Tears were streaming down my face. I sunk to my knees. Then the image changed. She was wearing the same clothes as before. She had an arrow sticking out of her heel. My mother was dead. The image disappeared. I fell to the floor. I was breathing hard. Tears were still streaming down my face.

"Mel, what's going on? What's happening?" Kian asked frantically

"She's dead." I whispered

"Who's dead?" I heard Trevor say

I stood up quickly. I walked over to him. I wrapped him in my arms.

"I'm so sorry Trevor." I said

"For what?" Trevor asked

"Mom. She's dead." I said

Trevor held back his tears as much as he could. He nodded and went back upstairs. I felt strong arms wrap around me. I turned around and faced Kian. I pulled away from him and walked toward the beach. I sat down at the edge of the sand. The waves crashed on my legs. My hair blew in the wind. I picked a shell out of the sand. I ran my fingers over it. I heard a car pass by the beach. I stood up and dropped the shell. I walked back to the house. I went to my room. I heard Jc and Sam screaming hours after I finally fell asleep. I got up and raced downstairs. The TV was on and everyone was crowded by it. I walked over to them.

"What's going on?" I asked

"They just found Kian's car 30 minutes from here." Jc said

I sat down on the couch. Tears ran down my face. The police were pulling a body out. Jc put an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry Mel." Jc said

They pulled the body out. It was covered in blood. I looked over at Sam. Tears were running down his face but he didn't say a word. I pulled away from Jc and scooted closer to Sam. Sam and I sat there hugging.

"I'm sorry Sam." I whispered

"A body has just been pulled out of the wreckage. It has been identified as Kian Lawley, 20 years old." the reporter said

I couldn't take it anymore. I jogged upstairs to Kian's room. I found a box on his bed. There was a note on the top.

To: Mel Bell, I will give this to you on July 21. I love you so much and I want you to be happy. Love, Kian

July 21. That's today. I dropped the box. I went to my room and changed clothes. I then walked downstairs and left the house. Sam came after me.

"I'll be back Sam. I promise." I said

Sam went back into the house. I drove to where the accident was. They were trying to get the stretcher into the ambulance. I ran towards it but a police officer stopped me.

"Kian!" I yelled

"Back away ma'am." the officer said

"Please let me see him." I asked

"How do I know you're not some crazy fangirl?"

"Because Kian and I have been together for 6 months now. There's proof on YouTube."

I pushed my way to the ambulance. The police officer walked in front of me. There was someone from the FBI there. I stopped in my tracks. I ran back.