CHAPTER NINETEEN

- XAYVEYONE TORRONO >

"It's time, mia figlia. Today, I bring you out of the shadows. You no longer need to hide. Today, you walk out of these walls as Tatuyanna Nahita Torrono."

Nahita

That was her mother's middle name. I didn't expect her excitement when she found out, but I should have. She bursted into tears.

Apparently they were happy tears. I didn't even know such nonsense existed. Why would you cry when you're happy?

By now, Tatuyanna should understand that her tears bring me a weird painful sensation in my chest. I can't explain it. I've never had to suffer so much internally until I saw my kid cry.

When I became capo at twenty-one, twenty years ago, being a father was never a goal. I couldn't see myself with an actual baby, let alone a whole child. Most of my allies are already above their fifties with kids and here I am with my first and only daughter at forty-one. 

It never came to mind. Work was always a priority and being in a relationship was appalling in itself. It's easier to fuck and get my needs taken care of than give unending attention to some needy whore.

Even now as I look at my little hellfire, I don't regret fucking her mother. If anything, it was the best sex I've had in months. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. But one thing I'll never do is give her a mother. She already fuckin' knows that.

She's already twenty-one. I swear to God she was just fifteen a couple of days ago. Her body evolved and it already pisses me off, thinking of the implications that will arise.

Any man that ever touches her without my consent is a fucking dead man.

My father and mother were hosting a small reunion in the form of a ball. It was a tradition to be followed every year.

Both my sisters were married. The rest of us didn't believe in love. With the work we do, it isn't easy to love. Our women are seen as weaknesses and therefore are often at risk.

That hasn't stopped any mob boss from having a family and continuing his legacy. But personally, I wouldn't risk my woman. My brothers agree with me on this.

"Do I look okay?" Tatuyanna asked, seemingly insecure.

"No other woman will ever look as ethereal as my only daughter." I caress her cheek, a soft smile on her features as she leans into my hand.

If I can make my little girl feel like she owns the world, I'll do it without hesitation. She deserves it.

I'd heard stories of her life before she met me. They weren't the brightest, but I interally promised myself that I'd make it up to her.

These past six years aren't enough compensation but we have a lot of more years together to come.

All those times were spent by watching anime in my theater room. I don't see what kind of entertainment she sees in watching that shit.

Year after year, playing call of duty with her whenever I could. And listening to her stories while she played with my grown-out hair.

Girls.

I got her homeschooled till she graduated. I couldn't risk having her outside these walls. She was safer here. I knew for a fact my parents couldn't reach her here.

Even if they sent their best. I kept her hidden and gave her everything to make sure she wouldn't stay bored. But that wasn't an issue. She didn't mind staying in this territory twenty-four/seven.

If anything she enjoyed training with Ares every day. She read a thousand books, played multiple games. Year by year, I barely noticed she got taller and. . . More womanly.