CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

-ARES SEIDON >

I was in a good mood. Everything was going as planned and I finally opened a tech business of my own with the help of a few experienced businessmen. They gave me important knowledge about the business world.

They mentioned something about expecting me. Talking about how I was a genius and that I would be flying up the ranks very quickly.

I'm not surprised. I know who's doing this was and it pains me to know I couldn't thank him for opening doors for me.

Figuring out the name of the company was easy. I named it;

'SEIDON TECH.'

I didn't really care either so as simple as it sounds, that was it. It's starting small but it's progressing quickly. The engineering field is really in demand these days, I can see why more people are investing in it.

There's only a small problem with this successful day. Somehow, my parents got wind of my business already, despite me starting it barely a week ago.

Getting a call from them was already a mood killer. Of course I ignore it like I do often, but finding them back at my house with huge grins on their faces like they didn't just break into my house was beyond my annoyance.

"Nice place you've got here, son. It's not big for my taste but it has the modern interior and exterior designs that make up for it." My father says, adjusting his maroon blazer.

I control my anger, practically ripping my tie off. "What are you guys, doing here? It's late." I keep my demeanor neutral. As stoic as it can be. "Is that anyway to treat your parents?" My mother stands and advances up to me.

Unfortunately mother, you are no parents of mine.

As usual, she's dressed in the most expensive attire, with jewellery that most likely cost a couple millions. I've never met people addicted to the smell and image of money as much as these two individuals.

"We've missed you so much, dear." She plants her soft hand against my cheek. I almost retract by instinct but decide against it, gently removing her hand instead.

As my eyebrow twitched with annoyance, I speak. "You must've heard about my company."

I direct my cold gaze towards my father who also stands, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "Of course! Our own son wouldn't have said anything to us." He squeezes my shoulder.

"I knew you were like me. A pure opportunity seeker. That Italian boss looked down on my own son. Making you a lowly bodyguard. Look at him now." He throws out roars of laughter, I could practically feel the pride rolling off of him.

"You wouldn't have anything to do with. . . His death right?" I don't miss the way my chest caves in as I speak. They always disappointed me, but if this comes out as the truth, I'm cutting them off for good.

If they do, I can't be around Angel. I'll have go move back to Greece and never see her face again.

The guilt I'll face will be the cause of our separation. No matter how much I love her. I know that she won't forgive me. Who would? Finding out someone close to you was involved with your dad's death.

Obviously she'll never feel safe around me again. The Don was important to her too. He was her safespace. Just thinking about losing her makes my chest contract.

He chuckles, his expression conveying nervousness. "Don't worry about that. Just focus on making the green, son." I exhale through my nose, clenching my fists behind my back.

"I know you're going to make it big, Atticus. I'll be the first to say I'm proud of you." Mother says, smiling along with him.

Never have I stood up for myself. Never have I voiced my frustrations, disappointment and pain. I could only avoid them both.