CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

-ARES SEIDON

I don't even want to remember the shit I pulled yesterday night. After coming back home from a night ride with my motorcycle and my thoughts, London still stayed and ended up overstaying her welcome.

I can't even recall any bits of memories from last night. All I remember is waking up with an angel in my arms.

At first I thought I was hallucinating, but the way she stirred and let out the cutest raspy sound, her head moved into the crook of my neck while a comfortable sigh left her lips.

I was given an opportunity to see her in a peaceful sleep, I was able to touch her without having to explain why, even though I could simply ignore her question as to why.

I was able to kiss her. Something I never thought would make me feel so content—more than anything. I want her. The more I hold myself back, the more my interbeing yearns for her.

It's suffocating.

Luckily, before I could break open the walls of my feelings, she gasped. Standing on her feet and claiming she was late for some online game she was preparing herself for. Grabbing her purse, waving me goodbye and rushing out of my house.

Still a geeky brat.

A call pulls me out of my thoughts. "Hello?" The line goes silent. The caller ID is unknown. "Is this a prank call? If I find you, I'm lighting your ass on fire, you hear me—"

I am interuppted. "Listen bodyguard, you shouldn't mess with the toys of another man if you know what's good for you." A man's voice came out of the other end.

Who?—No, I definitely know this voice. The  same voice provoked my inner demon that day. "Dominick was it? I don't think it's wise to be throwing around threats." I grin, leaning back in my seat and spreading my legs.

"You and I aren't cut from the same branch, mr. Romanov." The line goes silent and I take pride in digging up the bastard's background. It wasn't difficult either. Being a hacktivist isn't all bad.

"It would only be humane of me to warn you about the grounds you shouldn't be stepping on. Claiming things that already have been claimed. You should stay away if you want to live for the rest of your life." I snipe a threat myself.

I notice Asani galloping back into the room and jumping up the sofa with a whine, lounging next to me as if he didn't betray me a couple hours ago.

"She doesn't need another man in her life. Though she lacks a pet but even though. . . We're not looking for any more dogs in this relationship." I hear him fume, trying to control his anger. "You seem confident for a bodyguard."

I sign a condescending laugh. "I am her bodyguard. But I'm also the fucker she relies on. I'm the only man she trusts. If you think she'll slip through my fingers like you imagine, you're sorely mistaken mr. Romanov."

He just comes out of nowhere and hits on her? Yeah, he definitely just wasn't an admirer from a distance.

They took out the Don. Now they want to take out his daughter. I have no idea why, but that's not going to happen. I'll protect her with my life.

I make a call. "Yes, mr. Seidon?"

"The Romanovs are after Tatuyanna. Make sure you let the head know. I'm sure Paolo will handle it. We've had an increase in troops of men anyway. Her house should be heavily guarded and on 24 hour surveillance."

I clamp down on my jaw. What exactly do they want to accomplish? Whatever it is, I  just know it isn't good.

"Yes sir."

>>>

"Hey kid. Long time no see." Mr. Constantino grumbles, awkwardly grasping my shoulder and giving it a shake before sitting down with the other men.

I was hoping it could stay that way.

Leo told me to announce the tragedy of our loss to his business partners. I'd gladly accept.

The man will be honoured. I glance at the chair he always sat on.

A painful pull of strings in my chest. "Thank you for coming. I know you are all busy businessmen but this is important." I clench my fists behind me.

"The Don is dead. A russian family with the Romanov name got him in a building with a bomb in it."

Silence.

Some because of shock. Others because their prayers have been answered. Even so, my angel will not be apart of this drug business. "Wait, what happens to his shares?" Mr. Piero asked, fingers intertwined.

I place a contract on the table. "His only descendent has no interest in this field of business. So his shares are all yours and not on the market." I divide the contract between the men.

"Kioveyone was good with business. We won't make much profit anymore. Regardless. . . May his soul rest in peace. My family show our respects when the time comes." Mr. Constantino says, his features twisted into sincerity.

They all nod in agreement.

"Thank you. This is a termination contract. This will mean, he no longer works with you nor his daughter." I hand them the contract, watching them sign.

"What if it's what the girl wants?" Mr. Riccardo counters with challenge. I tighten my fists till my knuckles turn white. "It's not."

He backs off, giving me a stiff nod but I still see the disappointment in his features.

After they finished signing, I gather the documents. "What about you? Who will you work for now?" Mr. Riccardo asked, naturally asking me to work for him.

"I appreciate your concern, but my loyalty lies with the former Don. I will withdraw from this line of work aswel. I have business to attend to myself. Thank you for your time." I said before striding out of that meeting room and out of the suffocating building.

My chest felt lighter as I breathed in.

I've never felt this free in a long time. Then, I smile while remembering the letter that brat gave me that was from him. Dare I even say that it left me with tears threatening to fall.

____

Let Ares know that he's always been a son to me. I practically raised the big bastard. Make sure you tell him that I know his dream of opening a tech company. And make sure he does.

Ares doesn't have to work as a hacktivist his whole life. He's still young. And I can't leave, knowing the kid has something that he would want to excel in that could make him happier in this dark cold world.

Tell him that I'm sorry I couldn't say all this in person.

____

"I'll never forget what you've done for me, old man." I say, looking up at the sky with a feeling that he's gazing down at me with pride.

Cause you did good job making me the man I am now. And I promise to protect her with everything I have and my own life.

~~~

Hi! Double surprise update! <33

My heart hurt hurttttt reading the last part like I'm not the one who wrote it.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!