Chapter three

"I just wanted to say thank you." Those words ringed in Blue's ears.

She turned her face back to the boy. He said thank you? That's really unexpected. She leaned against the stone,not daring to come out her safe spot.

Steven didn't move an inch either,scared he would scare her away.

"You were the one who saved me. I remember how you pulled me out of the water. So that's why I came here. To meet you."

Blue decided to come closer to the shore. She sat to the wet sand,pulling her tail closer to her body but still kept her distance. Steven too sat to the  sand. Not too far. Not too close.
Hair on his neck stood up as he heard a growl of some wild animal. He snaped his head around.
But then he saw the mermaid hugging her stomach akwardly. A small blue blush crept on her cheeks.

Oh. She must be hungry. Maybe he can give her some snacks he packed with him from home. He walks to his bag,unzips it and and pulls out an apple and peanutbutter jelly sandwich.

Blue got curious what the human is doing. Then she smelled a delicious scent. Food. Her mouth started watering. He came closer to her holding an apple in front of him.

"You must be hungry. Here,you can eat this." 

Blue hesitaly took the apple. She began studying it and smelled it. Steven let out a small chuckle. But then he was shocked as she took a bit bite out of it. Showing her pearly white sharp canines. He could only stare in shock and awe as she comepletly devoured it in seconds. Subconciously  running his tongue over his sharp canines.

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Thank you." She whispered. 

By her sudden talk Steven flicked away,landing on his butt.
"YOU CAN TALK?!"

"Of coure. Why wouldn't I?" She tilted her head.

"Well, I though you- nevermind."
"Just, why didn't you say something before?"

"I didn't know if I could trust you."

"Oh, I see."
"Anyway I'm Steven Universe."

"Stenen. Ste-von." She tried that name on her tongue. Laughting a little the way it sounds.
"That's a funny sounding name."

"Funny? It's sound simple to me.
What's your name."

"I'm Blue. Blue Diamond."

"That's a very nice name."
Blue gave him sweet smile. She turned her head back to face the sea. She hissed in pain,putting a hand on her neck.

"What's wrong?" Asked Steven with worry in his voice. Is Blue injured?

"It's those things." She uncovered her neck. A fishing hook was stuck in her neck. "It piersed my gills, whenever I move my neck too much or too quickly. It hurts." Tears formed in corners of her eyes. It saddened him. How can people be so reckless to leave sharp objects in the sea. Glad he took the tools with him.

"I can help you remove it. Stay here." He came back to his bag,puling out bangages,scissors and pliers. Blue backed away a bit seeing those sharp tools. 

"Will you allow me. I promise I won't hurt you." Steven reasured her. She was hesitant. But afterwhile she gave him small nod. She closed her eyes and stayed still. Steven got to work. With pliers he snapped the thin wire,carefully pulling it out. He grabbed the bandage and put it on the bleeding wound. A cute child bandage  with a cookie cat head. Then he removed the other hooks. Finnished with the hooks he took the scissors and cut the fishing net piece by piece. He could see  she was starting to breathe better. Whe he moved to the arms, he accidentaly touched the reddened tissue causing Blue to withdraw her hands.
"Sorry." He apologised. Blue. She gently nursed her hands then gave them back to him to continue removing it.