Chapter nine

Days passed and Yellow's injury healed nicely. Blue was visiting her often, bringing food from the surface and talk about her time with Steven. She couldn't help but notice she's growing fond of him. Also she doesn't seem sad anymore. At least he's a distraction from her grief over Pink.

Speaking of Blue. Door from her chamber open and Blue swims in.

"Hey Yellow."

"Blue." Yellow put aside her book. "How was the visit?"

"It was great. And look." She show her a net full of apples and other fruit she didn't recognise.

"I know the apples but,what is the rest?"

"Steven said he bought us something else than just apples. These are called vegetables." She sit next to Yellow,showing her the food.

"This red one is pepper,the other is tomato and this long orange one is carrot." She point at each vegetable.
Yellow picks a carrot and took a bite,trying the taste.

"Hmm. Not bad. Still doesn't beat the apples."

The began to eat. When they finnished their food,Blue checks on Yellows healed wound.

"Does it hurt when I touch it?"

"Not at all. I can even move it." She sit up and streched her body. "I though I would die of boredom here."

"You needed rest. Do you think I would let you work like this? Before I was thinking I would have to chain you to your bed." Blue joked.

"Very funny." Yellow said sarcastically. "Something new with Steven?"

"Yes,there it. He already cleaned 1/3 of the beach. And two days ago he started to rebuild the dock. He said it's going to be more durable and it will last much longer that the previous one."

Yellow thought to herself. Perhaps give him a visit. She still didn't trust him.

"Is something wrong?" Blue ask her.

"Nothing." She closed her eyes. "How about I'll go with you tomorrow."

"Are you sure. Maybe you should wait a few more-"

"No more waiting." Yellow cuts her off.

                              .  .  .

Steven whistled a tune as he hammered nails into the board. Then he stood up and took few planks from the shore,placed them on the replaced planks and start to work again. When he was halfway done,he decided to take a break.

He goes to the shore again and sit on unfolded blanket he took with him.
He pulls out a phone,types an order and pulls out a bag of cookies. He watched the ocean while munching on cookies. Few minutes later he wanted to go back to work before he heard a familiar splashing of water.

"Oh,Blue is here." He said and walks to the water. He stopped when it reached his ankles. He wanted to suprise her with something special today.

"Hi blue. How are you todaaaaay-?"
Instead of snow haired mermaid a golder helmet emerged from the water. Electric yellow eyes meet Steven's pink eyes.

"Um. Heyy there. I didn't see you coming." Steven starts to sweat. "What's..up?" He did gun fingers.

Yellow stood unamused. She reaches her hand to grab him, but Steven jumps back. She tried again,this time faster. He backs away and runs to the shore.

"Hey! Get back here!" She yells and swim after him. She was about to grab his ankle, but missed an inch and got stuck on the shore.

Steven got far from the shore,staring at the glaring monarch.