Chapter sixteen

Steven grabs a drink from the shelf and heads to the cashier to pay for it. On the way he stops by a refrigirator with frozen treats. A faith music was playing in the background as he surveyed over various ice-creams, sighing in dissapointment as he doesn't spot his favorite CookieCat. Since they stopped selling it three years ago,apparently they couldn't concurent the Lion Lickers, he ocationally finds some pieces in random stores. 

He took a cherry popsicle since he also liked cherry flavored ice-creams. He put the items on the counter and waited for the clerk who was tiping on his phone, ignoring what was going on around him.

Steven waits for a while,when the clerk still didn't took his eyes from the phone he clears his throat to get his attention. The clerk put his phone away and scans the items.

" 4.60 dollars.Cash or credit card?" Clerk lazily ask.

"Cash." Steven puts the money on the counter,grabs his stuff and heads to the exit.

"Have a nice rest of the day." Steven said.

"Whatever."

Steven walks behind the corner where he parked his bike leaning against the wall as he unwraps the popsickle and put it in his mouth. The store corner was making a shadow so it was a good spot for him to rest for a while,better then be under the sun.

Rummaging through his bag he pulled out his phone and scrolls through his group chat as he took a small bite from his ice-cream.

Everyone's all about Mrs.Cream's leave and throwing a party at Sour Cream's place in which he also will be a DJ. His entire class is invited including him. He texted accepting the invitation and it been set this saturday evening. Bringing snacks and drinks by choice.

A sound of someone approaching his direction made him lift his head and look at the person that stood before him. A tall and slender lady, her hands holding a grocery bag in front of her looking at him with a thin smile.
She was dressed in sky blue dress with pair of matching ballet shoes. A straw summer hat which covered her forehead hid a short pale brown hair. What was strange and quite alarming was due to her lack of ears. The skin was smooth and flawless where they should been.

He couldn't shook this feeling like he seen her before.

But where?

"Um....Can I help you?" Steven ask. 

"Ah, good day. I do indeed need help. You see I'm new around this place and I need a direction to nearest town or city." The strange lady laughted nervously as she explained.

"Oh,okay." He shook off her odd behavior. "Well miss...."

"Pearl. My name's is Pearl."

"Well, miss Pearl, from here there are three near cities. Beach City,HomeTown and Ocean City. But I would suggest the Hometown to be the nearest from them." Steven suggested as he point the road which leads to the town.

Then Steven looks around and finds there was only one parked car which by his guess belongs to the clerk. Besides that it was completly empty and there was no bus stop by the store. That aroused a little suspicion considering she's new here and only has a grocery bag. Or maybe he's just imagining things. She couldn't walk all the way here,right?

Shrugging it of he was about to return to his bike when Pearl got in front of him which made him bit startlet. 

"Sorry for bothering. But can you tell me what time is it?"

Steven checks his phone and it was showing it was 20:05.
A message from dad pops on the screen asking if he'll be home soon. He types a quick reply before shoving it back to his pocket.