Chapter eleven

"Steven?" She calls for him again. When she didn't hear any answear,she looks behind her. Steven lied there motionless, only rising and falling of his chest was a sign he was alive.

She clicked her tongue with annoyance and started to claw her way to the yound man. The hot sand sticked to her skin and fins.

After few pulls,she dragged herself on his left. She had no idea why she bother herself to check on him,just to make sure he's alright. Then it hit her.

'I'm starting to act like Blue.'

Facepalming,she was about to get back to the ocean,but....pauses. She took a glange on his sleeping form;his skin hugged by the noon sun,his lips slightly agape,letting out a sogt snores and his dark brown curly hair.

'I wonder how would they feel like under my hand.'

She slapped herself mentally. Shaking the though away,she made herself comforable next to him,crossing her arms. And let him sleep, not to be disturbed by anything.

One hour later:

This was geting uncomforable. This part of the day is when the sun burns the most and Yellow start to have problem with her breathing. Sweat trickles down her body as she tries to cool down. Her lips were dry and she could feel her fins geting dry and itchy. Even on Steven's face were seen small drops of sweat,suprisingly the heat didn't wake him up.

If there was at least a shadow to hide in. Yellow though for a moment. Maybe she can use something from the trash lying around. She rummaged through the various piles. Lids from trash cans, desks, even the door from a car,yet it didn't seem to be very ideal.
Last thing she pulled out was an old beach umbrella. Yellow of course didn't know what was it's purpose,so she tossed it aside. When it fell it broke a hook that kept it closed,the top opened and springed back to the mermaid and jabbed her to her side. The sea matriarch yelped in suprise and pain. She snapped her neck to the umbrella,a tick mark appears on her forehead. She broke it like a toothpick and threw it away. Moments later she placed the car door few inches from Steven next to a beat up umbrella she broke earlier. She moved to the shadow,sighting in relief. But after two minutes she felt hot again. Wipping the sweat from her forehead,she started to feel dehydrated.

'I guess it can't be helped.'

She slowly was taking her armor off,still have it close to her, too important to just have it lying around.
The last piece what was left was her helmet.
She wanted to at least keep this one on,but the unbearable heat changed her mind quickly. She reached to her helmet and lifts it,releasing short golden hair,slightly sticked together with sweat. Now she had only a short sleeveless top with a hole in the middle for her gem. 

When she put her helmet down,she noticed Steven's bag. She shouldn't go through someone's belongings without their permission. But,why not.

Spilling the content down,her eyes focused on the water bottle. She grasped it,removed a lid and taking the cold refreshing water in greedy gulps. Once done, some water was still on the bottom. She poured the rest on her head. Running a hand through her hair. Relief washed over head and body. What a pure bliss.

Next thing were the red apples. Yellow takes one and slowly eats it. Sweet and juicy with a hint of bitterness,personally her favourite.

She let herself relax as a gentle breeze from the ocean played with the monarch's hair,sun gave them a gleam of glimmering gold.

The moment of peace was interrupted by the cackle of seaguls. Furrowing her brows,she pipped her head from under the umbrella. Why are these things so noisy. A flock of seagulls circled over the beach. What she could count there was 50 or 60 of them. They seem to be looking for something. Maybe a bigger fish or seal got washed to the shore. Or maybe some edible garbage. 
One of the seagulls was particularly familliar. It's wings were dirty and slightly burned on the edges.