Chapter four

It took him entire evening to convince his dad to let him lent a van. He's a stubborn man,yes. But even he can't resist the most powerfull weapon on earth. Puppy eyes. With defeated sigh, he agreed. Under one condicion he would be careful with driving.

Next day was saturday. Which let him to start in the morning.
Pulling a large furniture and tires first. Steven was happily sorting stuff into recyclable and non-recyclable. When the van was full,he took it to the Homeworld Town to the scrap yard and came back. He repeated it few times. Six hours later he fully cleared the path.

Wiping the sweat from his forehead he went to the driver seat,pulling out a bag full of snacks and drinks. He went to the beach. He looked around the shoreline if he could see Blue. He found her at the end of wooden pier. When Blue saw him she waved at him. Steven walked across the sand to the pier. Holding the bag over his head.

"Hey Blue. Guess what I have-" before he could finnish it. A plank broke under his foot. He slammed on the floor,droping the bag in procces.

"Steven!" She lifted herself up on the wood. Helping him to get on his feet.
"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Blue. Thanks for the help."
He dusted himself off and tried to stand up. He realised he can't get his foot out of the plank. "I think I'm stuck."

Blue got to the water,swam under the pier. He didn't know what she was doing until he felt her grabing his foot and lifting it above,freeing his foot. She then got back on the pier.

"Thanks a lot." Said Steven,rubbing his slightly sore foot. He took the piece of paper,adding to the list.

Fix the pier,better replace all planks.

"You need to be careful. This pier hasn't been cared for many years.

"Okay."  'I think I have splinters in my foot.'

"What is that you have?" Asked Blue,holding the bag.

"That's a snack box. I got us some food while I'm here."

Blue's eyes lit up at the word food. She hasn't eaten for days. Hope he got those delicious red fruits. She would like to give them to Yellow.

She watched him as he pulled various foods which she haven't seen before. Her mouth started to water. She took the piece of pbj sandwich,taking a bite from it. She moaned at the delicious taste on her tongue.

Stevens face held an amusement.
'I guess she never tasted something like this.' 
He open a can of cola and takes a sip.

"What do you normally eat?" Asked Steven suddenly.

"Well. We usually eat a special seaweed that grows in the dephs of the ocean. It's leaves are stiff. It would be a problem for someone like you to eat them. We also have a seafruit. But one day something happened. It made the water polluted and most of the plants died. We became desperate with the food we started to eat other sea creatures. But when we did, their insides were filled with some tar like substance. They became inedible. So we started to eat whatever fell from the surface." 
Steven felt guilty,because of humans they are loosing their natural sourses. And whatever falls from the surface, it can be health hazard.

"What were you doing back there? I waited for hours for you." Asked Blue.

"You waited that long?"Steven was suprised. "Didn't you get bored?"

"Time doesn't have much meaning for us."

Oh yeah. They live for thousants of years,or they are immortal. He remembered Blue telling him.

"Oh,right. I was cleaning the path to the beach."

"Cleaning it?" Blue was suprised and interested about Steven's answear.