Homebirth

Michael was laying in bed, staring at the TV screen as he watched Friends. He was 9 months pregnant and a week late, getting miserable and just wanting his pregnancy to be over. "Oh my god! Get out of me!" He groaned and rubbed his protruding bump, feeling little thumps on his hand. The baby, who was a girl named Phoenix, continued to kick Michael's hand as it moved around his big belly. Michael sat up quickly once he felt a pain shoot through his hips, it was way stronger then kicks and Braxton Hicks. He quickly dialed the midwife, Bailey, and told her to come ASAP. Michael leaned back on the pillows, contractions racking his body as he panted. His sweats grew wet as his water broke and he groaned out in pain, pulling off his bottoms and changing into a birthing gown, then laying back down and pulling the blanket over his lower half. "Michael?!" Bailey called through the house, "In here!" He replied, his voice cracking from pain. He didn't have a father to be with him, he was alone in this, in pain and alone. Bailey entered the room and saw Michael in pain, she put herself between Michael's legs and lifted up the blanket. "Just breathe Michael. Push when you're ready." She smiled and Michael was panting hard, contractions racking his body. He started pushing and let out a pain filled scream, his pelvis feeling like it was being crushed. He grunted through clenched teeth and put his hands on the sides of his bump, pushing harder than before. "Just a little more Michael. Then, all the pain will go away and you can hold her." Bailey cooed and Michael panted hard, his chest rising up and down at a fast pace. "AAAAAAAAAHHHH!" He screamed and pushed hard once more, a high pitched cry filled the room and all the pain left Michael's body, his head fell back against the pillows and Bailey cut the cord, checking on the baby and giving her a bath. Michael sat up and pulled the covers over his lower half once again, Bailey handed Michael his daughter who was wrapped up in a small blanket. "Thank you so much Bailey, you've helped me through everything." He smiled at the midwife, "You're welcome Michael. It's my job to be helpful." She grinned and Michael looked down at Phoenix. "Hey there little girl." He cooed and rubbed her soft, blonde hair covered head.

Phoenix May Clifford