✦ *LEVEL 1 •. : ON THE WAY.

——————

——————

"if you think sending us on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to wherever the fuck's going to undo the shit that motherfucker did to all six of us, you're dead fucking wrong."

It was 2:30 pm, thirty minutes from the end of the school bell for Finney and his group of friends. They had been called over to the office where they were told, not only a very delayed compensating trip to another country, but the fact that their government even thinks they can compensate the horrible things that happened to them.

"Mr. Hopper, this is a one-in-a-lifetime chance, we know we can't compensate but-"

An officer tries to reason, Vance only fuels more anger to himself. "Then why motherfucking ask in the first place?" Vance shot back. A collective sigh went around the office as the boys' homeroom teacher walked up.

"Listen, I think Korea would be a good idea, you'll get to learn and discover things that may not exist in America or make new friends," Their homeroom teacher places a hand on Vance's shoulder. "Just...I know you guys have been through a lot, but this is a good experience, I'm just hoping you'd try it." Vance clicked his tongue as he stared at the group, some of them looked like they were deciding their decision now.

"I think, I'll go." Finney murmured. Robin looks at Finney before facing back to the officers and teachers. "If Finn goes, I go." Robin leans back, relaxing on his seat. "I'd have to ask," Bruce informed, Billy nodding at him "Same here, my mom would have to say yes.." Vance sighed as they all turn to him for his say.

He nods, annoyed that he's choosing to go. "I can't, my mom's still paranoid, even after years, and frankly.. I am too." Griffin said, his hands fiddling with the sleeve of his shirt.

"That's okay, let us know by tomorrow, Mr. Yamada, Mr. Showalter." The officers informed before leaving. They began filing out, before a kind looking lady stops them.

"If you do choose to go you two, I know a kid who's going to be in the same transfer program as you. I think you'd enjoy their company." The lady patted Bruce's and Billy's shoulders as she gave them a sweet smile, before leaving as well.

"This is stupid." Vance groaned. "We don't even know how to speak Korean, why are we all agreeing?" Finney shrugged his shoulder and parted his lips to say something, "How else would we get the government off our backs? Most of America knows about how we ganged up on a whole adult being and killed him so we could escape." Robin nodded, "I agree, we look too much like asses if we didn't accept and honestly, I'd like some time away from this town. I'm always associated with that pendejo and I'm sick of getting flashbacks when I try to walk to any store."

Bruce nodded as if to say that he feels the same. "Maybe this will be good for us, plus they'll be paying for everything, and accommodating us for the rest of our school year in Korea." Billy tried to see the good in the trip as they all walked out the office.