An Old man gives me a Tissue.

The cloud clouded the sun as the sky became moody.

Echo looked down at herself, She saw scars and blood marks. She covered them with a black sweater that was lying down. She tried her best to shut her mouth so that no one would see two big canine teeth.

She ran till her legs got muscle cramps but they didn't. She was sure she ran at least 20 miles but her legs didn't hurt one bit.

Soon she reached a forest. She accidentally tripped on a root of a mango tree and fell down. The place was fully shaded by the trees making sure no sunlight reached the ground.

 She started to cry bitterly. She never wanted to be a vampire. She was now a monster who humans hated. She leaned her back on the tree and cried till her eyes were empty. 

Suddenly, Echo felt someone tapping her back. She looked back to see an old man. He wore a grey cloth that hung on his skinny body. He had a white curly beard and almost no hair on his head. The old man stood with a stick. She wiped her tears and said in a quiet voice, "What do you want?". 

The old man slowly put his stick down and sat next to her, and even though he couldn't lean back on the tree, he seemed like he didn't mind about it. 

"Crying is a good way to help our souls but it will never solve our situation.", said the old man looking up towards the tree branches as if he was staring into something meaningful. Echo wanted to tell the old man that her situation was never going to change.

"I don't know who you are but my situation is never going to change so my plan is to cry here Any problem?", said Echo still not meeting her eyes with the old man. Echo wanted to cry and die alone rather than live as a beast. What has she become? 

She thought, If she didn't go through the alley, she would have now gone to her work, gotten her salary, and been more successful.

 "My name is Argus and I'm a vampire", said the old man still looking into those leaf branches above. Echo looked at the old man and noticed some details she didn't before. He had scars on his face but it was covered with his wrinkles. He had 2 canines in his teeth which showed as he spoke to her.

As soon as Echo heard the word, Vampire, she lifted her head and looked at the old man showing her 2 big canines. "Now will you tell me what's the matter?", said Argus as he smiled at her. 

Echo suddenly found herself narrating everything that happened except mentioning Jess with her as Echo didn't fully trust the old man.

Argus was an amazing listener, He listened to Echo till she finished telling about how she felt after being a vampire. He said, "Vampires are never monsters dear. We are also known as the guardians of the dark world. 

As you know, If vampires exist so do other really bad mystical creatures. We never hurt humans, instead we protect them from these mystical creatures. We call them night monsters.".

Echo listened in awe. She never knew this side of vampires. Maybe they weren't too bad and horrible like those stories.

After seeing that Echo understood, the old man stood up and said, "C'mon let's go to the Vampire pack, I am sure you will be safe there". 

Echo smiled and agreed.