The Lucky Attack

It was noon now. Echo, Scott, Barbara, and Troy were ready with their bags. Argus came in front of them and said, "May luck and strength be with you always!".

All the villagers cheered for them. Echo could see Troy's, Scott's, and Barbara's parents cheering for them the loudest. 

Echo was happy for them but deep down she was sad as she wished her parents could be there. They would have been so happy to see me here, thought Echo as she walked out of the village

It was like there was a bubble surrounding the civilization. As soon as they exited it, She felt the warmth, danger, and anxiety. 

She shook out of it and walked faster to catch up with them.

The four of them walked into the dense forest. The forest was so dense that when Echo glanced back, it was like the whole village disappeared.

A ray of sadness came towards Echo, leaving her first home even though she only stayed there for a few days.

After a few hours of walking and Troy's and Barbara's nagging to sit down and eat something.

"I think we are quite closer, we need to head more north to get into the dark world", said Scott holding the map. 

"Guys I need y'all to carry your weapons once we get into the dark world. Who knows when it will be morning or night there? We need to be prepared for anything", said Barbara mostly looking at Echo.

Echo was half excited and half scared for the quest but she knew whatever was on her opposite side was dangerous. 

Being a mortal in the morning meant nothing to Echo because she doesn't even know how to use her nails or her teeth.

Scott was standing first while walking through the forest, behind him was Barbara and behind her were Echo and Troy. 

Troy gave Echo a dagger. Echo looked startled but took it. 

"This is a dagger carried by an ancient Vampire, his name was Maacah. It is really powerful but only when the person carrying it. It consists of hemlock, A juice of a poisonous plant.", bragged Troy.

Echo thanked Troy.

All Echo had on her face was a smile seeing that she would not die after all. She took the knife, practiced wrist movements, and soon put it in her pocket.

Suddenly Scott yelled, "ELVES"

As soon as he yelled the word, Small creatures jumped from the tree. Echo couldn't count much but it was more than 5 elves.

 They had long noses with wrinkled tiny faces. Their skin was hardly visible due to the dust smothered on their face. They had a hat that mostly covered their hair. Echo looked closer at their hands and that's when she realized that it was no ordinary elves, They got blue magic in their hands.

Scott took out his weapon, it was a flamethrower. It was covered in copper with ancient greek letters scripted on it. 

Scott pressed the button on the flamethrower and like a beam of sunlight the fire rushed on an elf making it drop down and burn to death.

Echo looked at Barbara, she had a black spear that had a unique but sharp point. She stabbed an elf with it.

Unfortunately, when Echo was about to look at Troy, A elf jumped on her making her drop to the ground. 

With its small blue magic hands, it pressed Echo's throat. 

She struggled, She quickly grabbed her dagger and slashed it. 

She was not sure whether it hit the elf's head or stomach but she was sure she hit the elf. Suddenly the hands of the elf stopped strangling her and she realized it was dead.

Before she was going to praise herself, she heard Troy screaming. 

She glanced at Troy to see 3 elves surrounding him. Echo looked around them to see Troy's weapon, a bow, and an arrow lying a few meters away from him.

Not thinking twice, Echo threw her dagger at an elf making it drop dead. The other 2 elves grumped and looked at Echo. Before the 2 elves came near to Echo, fire blazed on both of them, They both were burning but still, they started crawling towards Echo. She took the dagger from the dead elf and slashed at the 2 elves. The blazing fire and the poisonous slash from the dagger made an effect on the elves making them drop dead on spot. 

She wasn't surprised seeing Scott with the flamethrower. She smiled at him and ran towards Troy and picked him up. 

"Are you alright?", asked Echo

"I am good, Thanks to you and Scott!", said Troy but his voice was a little weak and shook.

Barbara came walking towards them, "Guys I found the entrance towards the Dark World."