A Walk in the Woods

Echo and Barbara exited out of the Practice room leaving Scott and Troy to get some useful weapons. Echo wanted to know more about the quest so she asked Barbara for more information.

Echo's house was located back of the village so they had to walked among gigantic trees and houses. Echo once heard Anahita saying to her sisters that they planned to live in a place with a lot of trees for its shade.

"Nightmonsters are basically monsters that hunt humans down for their blood and kill whoever comes in their way. We have emotions so we never kill humans for their blood instead we kill small animals for our survival.", narrated Barbara to Echo

While walking down the forest slope Barabara's hazel brown hair flew in the air and her black eyes shimmered.

Echo was cheerful having her best friend back. She was glad that Barbara wasn't dead.

"Barbara What exactly are the night monsters?", said Echo tying up her short black hair still walking through houses and trees.

She always heard Argus speak about how dangerous these creatures but no one explained to her what these things were.

The thick trees stood everywhere making each house surrounded with decorations. Pines, Apple Trees, Mango Trees, and many varieties of trees. 

Barbara replied proudly as if she researched about it, "I heard stories that night monsters can be anything. Werewolves, dark elves, giants, centaurs, pixies, and manticores! Most of them are nice but some consists of dark magic that can destroy anything. So in nature, We are supposed to protect this mortal world by killing it by going inside the dark world.". 

Finally, they reached their hut. They both sat down on Echo's small pastel green couch.

Echo loved black but she had to admit that she loved light little colors after seeing those crystals on the table.

Echo shook from her childish thought and asked doubtfully, "So we are going inside the dark world to kill these things?".

"Yes! and there are some rules in the dark world. In the morning we will lose our powers, We will be mortals."

"What? We will be mortals? What about nights?", said Echo startled hearing the words.

"At night we will get out powers back.", said Barbara. Echo could see that Barbara hated this rule in the dark world.

Barbara then stood up and said to Echo, "Alright then bestie, I am leaving for now. We are going on the quest to the dark world tomorrow morning at 6 AM sharp!"

Echo nodded, she couldn't wait for the dawn.