5. Bad Influence

"The bike is not fixed yet Khanna." Dad said right when I was getting ready.

"I know appa, Nayan's picking me up." I said. 

It was 3 already and I decided to walk to her house. I had secretly put in some snacks in my bag incase we were going to the beach.

Suresh was there. I called him uncle cuz he kinda was and it seemed as though he didn't like me. I was expecting a reply and we were standing just like that staring at each other, then he put a "what?"

"She's dropping me today..."

"Who?"

"Nayan- Is she busy?"

"Oh not for you apparently" he said it loud and looked pretty disappointed.

She came downstairs with a bed hair and went, "oh your bike's not fixed yet?"

And a half of me was pretty disappointed and hurt but the other half was like 'oh yeah, she was just asking them as a formality'.

"Yeah but- you seem busy. I- sorry I'll go" I said and she stopped me. She asked me to wait there for a second which was a really long second. I remember thinking thank God I didn't actually have classes that day.

Half way down the ride, I felt guilty. I didn't actually have classes and I just made her drive for nothing.

"A-are we going to the beach?" I asked.

"Sure." that bitch said casually as if I was the one who requested it.

"Can you stop the vehicle?" I asked and she stopped it on the roadside.

Cause I was mad because she made the plan...

"I want to know if you actually like to go to the beach with me. Like... I don't want to waste both our times and it seems though you'd rather be at home than here. And I was excited and I thought you were too but I guess I'm just stupid like that and forget people like you exist." I said and gasped for breath. She just looked at me confused.

"Aren't you late for your classes?" she asked.
"Yeah" I said and I climbed back on the scooter.

"Can we just go the beach?" I asked.

I thought she was just going to nod and take me there but she was like "n-no you can't just skip classes. That's wrong."

"But I don't have classes" I said and she hit a sudden break and looked behind. I could tell she was mad. But then she just drove and took the route to beach and we were there.

As we moved further and further, a cold breeze hit us. Nayan's ponytail slowly scattered and fell on my face. I just grabbed them all and held them on my hand.

Nayan stopped the scooter on the edge of the road along with the rest of the vehicles and scanned the crowded beach.

It was a pretty nice feeling, to just be there, with someone who's, you know, pretty as her.

I walked first dragging my foot in the sand like anything. It left pits and was very disturbing for Nayan, so she ran a bit and came side by side to me. We were quiet for a bit and then she said "I'm sorry for making it seem like I wasn't interested to come to the beach with you..."

"I'm used to all that really.. so"

She looked at me nervously and breathed hard. She stared somewhere else and said, "I want to tell you something."

"Mm. Go ahead."

"I- I know the difference between gender and sex." she hesitated and said.

I stared at her in disbelief. And then it hit me and I said, "oh you see this is different sex that we're talking about in this case" I explained to her.