12. Lack of the big picture

And then came their honeymoon to ooty.

My summer was almost over by that time and I had to go to college in another week. But I just couldn't imagine things going back to what they were....

And everytime I tried to move on, I saw her everyday, in her saree looking like an obedient wife, which she definitely wasn't. We locked eyes at each other and I would just sulk at her.
But i still very much loved her... I was obsessed.

And that evening, I was eating my veggies as I came out and stood in shorts and a random sweatshirt. That was a very backward place where girls aren't supposed to show beyond knees but I was one of those "girl power" phone case holders.

A car arrived and I saw them placing their luggages on it. She did the lifting mostly, he just went and sat inside the car like a gir- nevermind.
She came out in a very beautiful net red saree with her hands full of bangles. She had gotten a bit skinny and when she lifted the baggage, her hands lifted her sari and I could clearly see her hips, they were beautiful, and I could kinda also see her bones and I was worried.

She glanced at my house and I was outside, and then she just walked off like nothing happened as if she didn't even notice me. And for a moment, I felt as though I was a playtoy to her. I was mad.

He was going to live my dream with her, I thought and I had an adrenaline rush. I just rushed and started my dad's bike and followed them as the car started to go.

And halfway I realised I had my shorts on and people were watching me but I had some serious business to solve.

They got off from the car and I just parked the bike in a random place and followed them into the railway station. I swear Nayan had saw my way two to three times but she just didn't notice me entirely.

I watched them get into their coach train and I knew I had no tickets so I should just stay the fuck out. But when the train started, something hit me, and I got in the coach and the train picked up it's speed.

I could see Nayan and him comfortably sitting in the train while I had no choice but to sit down near the door of the train. No i wasn't alone, I had the company of three to four boys who kept staring at my legs but then they just fell asleep.

When you're young, your world is quite small. Not sure if it's a good thing, but the lack of the bigger picture might make you live dangerously in the name of thrill. I wanted her, she wanted me, that was my world. And no length seemed far for me.

I kept looking at them and he was bothering her so much. He was literally a man-child and she had to get him his food, keep the luggage under them properly, inflate the air pillow for her and him, and hook the middle seater and change it into a bed. He kept blushing and smiling where she had a dull face on.

And then he did something. He kept touching her inappropriately. I get it they're married, but she seemed clearly uncomfortable. And I just stood up in anger and walked up to them, picked his hands from her thighs slowly and dropped it on himself.

"M-madhu?" she asked slowly. I smiled and I could swear she smirked too but her whole face expressions just added up to disappointment and fear.

Both of them panicked and they had an awkward discussion within themselves and then collectively decided to get off the next station.

He called my parents but they didn't pick up of their phones like the classic parents they were, and none of us knew what to do. Well I sort of knew what to do. I grabbed her hands and said, "we'll go baby.... Come on." and she just stared at him confused.

"Are you guys like a couple?" He asked. "Eww get off my wife." he said.
I could slowly see her cheeks turn red. Not blushing. Not the sun. She was mad. And looking back now, I agree. I'm a terrible child.