9. Maybe forever

I came New York to work as a Human Resource Manager at Berryco Industries. I started my comics as a hobby and a joke but it was a hit. I quit my job last year and now make full time comics.

It's called "Les Miserables", and it's a GL of the romance and comedy genre. I'm not even gonna lie, it's based on me and her. Most of the comedy is derived from the tragedy of us. Haha.

It blew my mind how my mother used to say "Art isn't a real job" and now she has my comics framed on the living room. There was a time I hid those comics from my family but there came a point when I had to tell them why I quit my job. Maybe they read a lot of things like that, or maybe they knew about me earlier, they just didn't react to a lesbian comic the way I expected.

My mommy just said came closer, hugged me tightly and said, "We won't understand, so run..." and I did.

I must look like a fool because now that I came out, I still don't have a girlfriend. It's like becoming Spiderman but being afraid of spiders.

--

Nayan told me that she begged her family and they didn't change their mind at all. We accepted our fate that our love was going to end that week.

We both sat at the beach with our legs folded staring at the sunset.
Our lives were crumbling but somehow with her next to me, I felt that peace and comfort.
"Songs?" I aksed. She nodded.

She opened her bag and took out her wired headphones while I took the Bluetooth ones. She saw my hands and put a soft "oh" out and kept hers inside.

"No no it's better" I said and took them from her hands.

We both wore them and the length of the wires brought us together, I played "I have nothing by Whitney Houston" and put my head on her shoulders. I wished the world ended then and there, but who were we kidding. I looked up at her and smiled and kissed her cheeks. She suddenly had a call. She glanced the phone, looked up to me and then picked the call. It was her mom. She nodded her head and slowly got up and said to me, "I have to go, come with me.."

It was a long day with her but I didn't ask about her marriage at all. I knew this would work out, that's how the romance genre works. She slowly started her scooter and I sat behind her.

I could see the hesitation in her driving. She didn't want to go home, neither did I. She dropped me at my home and stepped down. I saw her eyes and she was seeing mine when she came close to me and blessed me with a long warm hug. I could feel all of her in me and I wished that second lasted longer.

I smiled and turned and she called my name. I turned back.

"I... I just want you to know that... I will be yours and yours only... No matter what"

I smiled. "Me too..." I said with a blush on my cheeks. It felt like a dream that the world's most beautiful angel to be 'mine and mine only'.

That night I got a text.

It was from her.

"I'm not right for you." It read. We fought a lot and most of them ended in kisses but this one hit different. I saw the 'typing' on her bar but then it went off.

That night, I sneaked off.

Yeah I sneaked off, no big deal... I wasn't afraid of anything back then unlike now. It's just the guts I had back when I was a teen. I definitely don't do those anymore.

I took some money from my dad's purse, grabbed my phone and the charger and put them all in my hoodie's pockets and went to her home. I found her room's windows and I climbed up the pipes. The climate looked very chill and breezy and I was freezing.