ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

Trigger Warning: mentions of abuse, suicide, death, bullying, self harm and murder (that last one is pretty obvious considering this is a dead by daylight book)

Ji-Woon's POV

The fog begins to clear and I realize I am in a bedroom. The door to the room opens and I can see a very young y/n who is no older then twelve. She throws her backpack on the floor and immediately turns on her TV to watch cartoons. The sight of her makes me smile, she was adorable as a kid.. but this memory has to be important or else the entity wouldn't have shown me. 

"Don't be fooled Ji-Woon, this won't be a happy sight for long." I frown at the entity's words. But I know I'm doing this for my darling y/n. I want her to be able to choose who she wants to be and I am going to be there for her. 

Yelling snaps me out of my thoughts. It clearly startled poor y/n because she quickly got up and ran out of the room to investigate. I follow behind her to see what exactly is going on. I follow y/n all the way to the kitchen, where the yelling is coming from. I notice a man who I assume is y/n's father and a teenage girl. 

"That teenage girl was y/n's step sister and she had some screws loose." The entity crosses its arms as the two of us watch the scene. 

The teenage girl I now know is y/n's step sister has a furious look on her face. Glaring daggers at y/n's father.

"I hate you!!" The teenager yells as she begins to throw punches at y/n's father. These punches clearly hurting him.

Poor y/n yells at the scene and attempts to get in front of her dad to protect him.

"Leave him alone Ann!!" She shouts, tears pouring out of her eyes. Ann now focuses her death glare to poor y/n. Her father quickly steps in though.

"Don't bring her into this. Leave her alone." Her father says sternly, now putting y/n behind him. Ann storms our of the room, leaving through the front door. Y/n's father let's out a sigh and turns towards his child. I can't help but feel bad for both of them.

"How long has this been happening?" I turn towards the entity for a moment to get a response. It sighs and turns towards me.

"Ever since he met y/n's step mom, Regina. She's no better then her daughter." I can't help but furrow my eyebrows at it's words. How could a mother let this happen? I feel for both y/n and her father.. Y/n's father hugs her tightly.

"It's okay y/n." He forces a smile to which y/n shakes her head and pushes away.

"It's not okay! Her and Regina are so mean to you!" She crosses her arms and huffs, her face slightly red from crying.

"This moment of abuse wasn't the first and isn't the last. But this was the first time y/n witnessed her father being hit. She always heard the yelling though." The entity states and then snaps it's fingers, bringing us to another memory.

We seem to now be in what looks like a school, to be more specific a classroom. I can see y/n sitting at a table with two other kids.

"Y/n started experiencing signs of depression and anxiety at a very young age. What you're about to witness is going to make you upset." I look over at the entity as it speaks, raising a brow. "She's been bullied since kindergarten and abused by her own mother and step mother.. but we'll get to that later." I let out a sigh and focus my attention back to y/n.

She still seems to be around the same age, so it's safe to assume this is sixth grade now. She looks a bit defeated sitting at the table she's at. The other two kids talking to each other and excluding her. Another kid sits down at the table next to y/n, and seeing this other girl brings a smile to her face.