1

Nora

My heels clink across the marble floor of the building as I'm late to my own civil wedding. The door to the office opened when the guards looked at me. "Nice of you to finally join us.", Volkov shushed under his breath. "We both know neither of us want to be here so let's just sign these and get on with our day.", I said giving him a clearly fake smile and turned to the lawyer in front of me.

"You two need to read through these contracts and then sign them at the bottom.", the man said clearly intimated, if not even scared,  by our presence in his office. "Speak up, its pathetic hearing a grown ass man talk like a little girl asking daddy for money.", I sighed and leaned back with the contract in hand. "Calm down woman. You're getting married.", Volkov chuckled. "Shui.", I hissed at him to shut up in my mother tongue.

After about ten minutes both me and Volkov were done reading the contract and both signed it. "Congratulations, you two are now a married couple.", the old man stated still nervous and looked up from the papers. "For a divorce you'll also have to come to me.", he smiled.

Volkov tensed and within a milli second his hand wrapped around the lawyers tie and pulled him closer over the table. "Did you even read the fucking contract?"; he hissed. "No divorce allowed no matter what the reason is.", he quoted what the paper said. "Sorry sir.", the man said.

Lol 

I gave my now husband a pat on the back and went for the door, where I picked his coat off of the hanger. "I think you scared the man enough for the day.", I told him with a slight chuckle. Yury let go of the poor man and opened the door for me to step out first.

As we walked down the hall I handed him his coat. He pulled out a small velvet box and handed it to me. "Aw how sweet of you.", I jokingly leaned into him. He slipped the bigger gold wedding band on his right ring finger.

"You know wedding rings are worn on the left.", I stated as we made our way out the building. "In Russia they are traditionally worn on the right.", he said and pulled my ring out of the box and slipped it onto my right ring finger as well. I nodded and put black velvet box into my pocket.

My phone started ringing as I pulled it out of my bag his eyes were glued to my movements. "Ha?", I picked up the call from my brother. "Are you married yet?", he asked. "Yes.", I answered looking at my now husband. "Good. Backroom Poker tonight?", he questioned. "Sure.", I answered dryly and hung up.

"Well have a good day I have shit to do.", I told him. "Thanks you too, my wife.", he said as I opened the door to my car.

A man came up to us and I noticed the tattoo the back of his hand. "What do you need?", Volkov asked one of his men. "The shipment has arrived at the harbor ten minutes ago.", he informed his boss who just nodded and turned to me.

"When are you thinking you'll move in?", he asked. "Who said I'd ever move in?", I asked him. His eyes widened and I frowned. "We're married.", he stated.

"For money and protection of each other. This is just for business.", I finished his sentence. He stood up from his bent over position and looked behind him.

"Good.", he nodded and stepped back for me to close my door.

"Don't tell me you thought I'd do this for love.", I told him completely baffled. He looked down at me and I could see a vein pop out on his jaw.