12

Nora

I slowly sit up in bed feeling my face still being puffy from all the crying I had done earlier.

As I look to the side I see a car key and a velvet box. I pick the two things up and turn the key around in my hand and open the velvet box up.

He didn't.

I run my fingers over the necklace once. As I stare at it. I mentioned the car and the necklace once to him.

But he left you when you needed him.

I shut the box and place them at the foot of the bed. I grab my pack of cigarettes light one and go into my closet.

As I pick out the clothes I get a text from Lev.

He got drunk after he arrived in New York. You might have to deal with a crying Yury.

I read his text and reply with a quick ok. And move on with getting dressed while watching out so I don't burn my clothes with my cigarette.

After I get dressed doing my make up goes by quickly. And I end up walking into the living room with the two gifts in hand.

I see Yury sprawled out on the sofa with visible discomfort. I place the two presents on the coffee table and go to the kitchen getting him a glass of water and an Advil. I write him a quick note and place the note along with the pill and water next to the presents.

...

I'm sitting in my office correcting reports when my door opens and I see Yury walk in. "Do you need something?", I asked him.

"We need to talk.", he stated. "We need nothing. You need to talk. I'm done talking", I tell him as I divert my attention back to my work.

The papers are snatched out of my hands and I see how tired he is. "Please Nora.", he says quietly. "I really fucking need you.", he speaks. The pain in his voice almost pulling on my heart strings. "And I didn't?!", I ask him completely baffled.

His eyes widen. He wasn't used to someone talking to him like that. He looked away to the floor. "Please", he whispered. "Nora I'm begging you", he said as he looked up pleadingly.

My eyes narrow. Just because he is here acting like this doesn't mean he's actually sorry. He's used to throwing money at his problems and making them go away like that.

He looked at me with so much pain in his eyes. I couldn't bare it anymore.

I get up from my seat and pick up a few files. "If you'll excuse me. I have a meeting to get to", I tell him with a monotone voice.

"Don't do that.", he says bitterly. "Don't do what?", I asked him as I turned around. "Run away as soon as you see that you might forgive me for hurting you.", he says as he gets up too and towers over me. "I'm not running away. I have a meeting.", I state. "You don't. I told your brother to clear your schedule", he says. "We're going to talk this out. I don't care how long it takes.", he continues.

"There isn't anything to talk about.", I tell him. "Explain to me what happened while I was gone.", he says with a nod.

"I called your phone twenty times. Then I heard the door open and I thought it was you. When I ran down the stairs I saw that woman.", I explain to him with rage in my words. "What woman?", he asks with furrowed brows. "Angela I don't know what", I state crossing my arms now starting to get pissed off.

Is he for real asking me about other women while "we are talking it out".

His jaw tightens as he throws his head back. He drags his hands over his face once before turning away. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier?!", he states angrily. "Don't raise your fucking voice at me.", I hiss at him as the anger starts to build up threatening to burst.

"Why are you telling me this just now?", he asks still angry but not as loud. "Because you I thought you might have the little bit of logic to check the cameras.", I state. "We'll I didn't, kill me for it", he says as he throws up his arms on each side. "I might do just that", I state quietly.

I stand there watching him as he continues to throw his little fit of asking me why I didn't talk to him earlier. Or why I just left him without telling anyone where I was going. Or threatening his men and all that.

"Do you know how much I worried about you?", he asks me. "Obviously not enough judging based off the fact that you went and got drunk last night.", I shrug.

He stares at me blankly not knowing what to say. And then I realize that I might be dragging this out. 

"You know what. We realized we can do this whole thing. Let's get a divorce.", the word fall out of my mouth without a second thought.

His jaw tightens and he lets out a breath. A long one. Trying to calm himself down.

"You're not going to leave me.", he states. "Really? Because a few nights ago you left me.", I hissed at him.

"God  Nora. I know I fucked up. Okay? I know I might've fucked up everything between us. But I'm also the one trying to make up for his mistakes. And I'm trying so god damn hard to be good enough for you. But you don't even acknowledge how much I'm trying.", he burst out as he explained angrily.

He looks at me and I see the pain in his eyes.

"I got drunk because I thought it would numb the pain of not being able to sleep with you in my arms. I thought I would help and drown out all the fucking pain. It didn't.", he says.

"Please Nora. I'm begging you.", he says as he looks at me. "Please forgive me. I really can't do this without you", he says. "I really can't live without you", he whispered as tears begann to fall from his eyes and he stepped closer.

"Please.", he sobbed.

I couldn't look at him like this. So broken. So lost. I didn't know what to do. As much as he hurt me. That pain couldn't even compare to what he was feeling. And I could see in how much agony he was.

I step closer and wrap my arms around his neck tucking his head into the crock of my neck. He wrapped his arms around me as he sobbed and cried.

"I forgive you", I whispered as I slowly stroked his head. Running my hands through this already messy hair. I ran a hand over his back trying to sooth him as he held on to me.

"I'm sorry", he whispered. "I know you needed me. But I was blind by anger. I couldn't think straight. I left because I didn't want to hurt you.", he whispered.

"It's alright. I forgive you", I whispered as I placed a kiss on his head. "I'm begging you please never leave me again.", he whispered in such a broken voice I couldn't even handle it. "I won't.", I whispered.

—————————————————
I know this is a short one but I really have been busy and also had the biggest creativity block ever. But I'm back. So I'll be posting more frequently.
Love you guys