5) Sundays

Song: Marlboro nights by lonely god.

Check it out if you want. If you don't want to, that's fine.

-JAY

Kai Carter (POV)

Sundays have always been a really boring day for me. My parents are usually at church, like they are right now. I stopped going with them ever since I came out. It's not like I wanted to, but they didn't want me to go any more, saying that God saw me as a disappointment.

Sometimes, I actually believed them. Maybe that's why God was punishing me with such a shitty life. Maybe he really did see me as a disappointment, or maybe he didn't see me at all. Honestly, I think I lost my faith a long time ago.

So yeah, I was home alone, and I decided why not have breakfast, so I went downstairs and made some eggs, sausage and toast before my parents came back from church.

When I was done eating I headed back upstairs to get ready to head to the park like I did every Sunday. Anything I could do to not be in the same place as my parents, I was going to do it.

I took a blanket, a black canvas, some different colour paint and everything else I needed for painting and headed out of the house on my bicycle.

When I got to my destination, the park, I immediately unpacked my stuff and started on a painting of saturn crashing into earth.

When I was about halfway into my painting, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was Ms Marther. Not that I expected anything different because that's the only contact that I have on my phone.

"Hello." I answered the phone waiting for her to speak.

"Hi darling, good morning." She answered.

"Good morning, how are you doing this morning." I politely asked.

"I'm doing good thank you, what about you?"

"I'm doing good."

"Great," She replied. "Listen darling, Harvey couldn't make it today, he called in sick and its starting to get really busy, so I was just calling to ask if you could please come in if you don't have any plans or if you're not busy."

Sundays is usually my day off because I work everyday after school and on Saturdays, so Harvey is the one who works on Sundays.

"Yes, I can come in." I said already parking up my stuff.

"Of course you will get extra pay for the day." She told me and after some more brief conversation, she ended the call.

My plan is that as soon as I turn eighteen, which is in a few months, that I'm going to move out of my parents house and find my own place to live, so any extra money I could make, I was totally for it.

When I arrived at the diner, I definitely understood what M was talking about. Almost all of the tables were occupied. I immediately went to the back to put on my apron and get ready for work.

Another pro of me working today is that I don't have to go home to my abusive parents any time soon.

"Are you ready to order?" I asked a man and woman who were sitting at one of the tables.

"Yes." The man answered. "I'll have the waffles and chicken and the lady here will have a breakfast sandwich."

I wrote down the order. "Will that be all?"

"Yes, that's all." The woman answered.

"Ok you food will be here in a few minutes." I told them and headed to the back where Marther and another cook were.