10) Is That Jealousy?

Song: Jealously Jealously by Olivia Rodrigo.

Hi loves, this is the first time in five months that I'm actually writing a new chapter for this book. I thought about discontinuing this book because I have not written for such a long time, but I decided to just continue because I've put so much work into this.

Anyways I'll start publishing chapters more frequently. I'm thinking like two chpters a week, or maybe more. It all depends on how much writing I get done.

-JAY

Kai Carter (POV)

The crisp air bit at my cheeks as I made my way homeward, the world around me shrouded in the soft embrace of the cold evening.

I had instructed Damien to drop me off at the park where he picked me up this morning. The car ride back from the amusement park was quiet and tense. I know that I had no right to be mad at Damien for giving out his number, but I just couldn't help myself.

Damien himself had no idea why I started acting coldly towards him all of a sudden, and I definitely would not be the one to tell him.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I approached the hell hole I call home. I sighed and walked up to the front door hoping that my parents weren't around.

As I reached for the door handle, my heart raced with anticipation. With a gentle push, the door creaked open. As I stepped into the room, a shiver ran down my spine. The air was thick with an eerie stillness, and a sense of dread settled over me like a heavy cloak. Every shadow seemed to hold a hidden terror, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched.

I carefully walked into the darkness of the house wandering why the door was unlocked when my parents vehicle was not in the driveway.

That's when I turned and realize that my suspicion that someone was watching me was true, when I saw my mother standing by the stairs with her arms crossed watching me.

"Where the fuck have you been kai?" My mother said coldly, causing me to flinch in terror.

"I was at the park." I respond.

"Do you think I'm fucking stupid Kai? I know that you weren't at the park all day, so where the fuck were you?"

When I didn't respond she said: "Wait till you father hears about this." And stomped upstairs to her room.

I slowly made my way up to my room and closed the door behind me, locking it in the process.

I sat on my bed and started thinking of the wonderful day I had. Damien's parents were so kind and the family looked so happy and perfect, then there's me. Abusive parents who bully me.

Then my mind moved to Damien giving that girl his number. Just the thought of the two of them ever being together caused my blood to boil. I started wondering how Damien saw me. Did he think I was good looking? Am I good looking? He definitely thought that girl was pretty. This all felt strange to me. It was a rather new feeling.

Is that Jealousy?

No it's not. Why would I be jealous of Damien being with a girl?

Or maybe it is jealousy

***

The next day at school, I had one goal, and one goal only. And that was to avoid Damien at all costs.

After the silent treatment that I gave him on the car ride yesterday I didn't want to face him, and so far I was doing a pretty good job.

It was now lunchtime and I had not seen Damien all day. I was sat at my normal lunch table with Austin, Juan and Stacy not really paying attention to whatever it is that they were talking about when Damien and his friends entered the cafeteria.