26) Boyfriend?

Song: Halley's Comet by Billie Eilish

Kai Carter (POV)

"On Saturday, Damien and I spent the entire day together and he told me how much he liked spending time with me." Wendy said with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face.

One of her friends who's name I believe was Jess put her hands to cover her mouth to muffle the squeal that came from her mouth. "Oh my god Wendy, thats so exciting. Damien is like the hottest guy around and the fact that he's so into you is so exciting."

"I know right? But can you blame him? I mean, do you see me?" she said flipping her hair.

"Yes girl, you are absolutely gorgeous you could get any guy you want." Said another one of her friends.

"I know, but I don't want just any guy, I want Damien." She said dreamily.

"Well if he's doing everything that you say he's doing for you, then he definitely likes you."

"Yes girl you literally have him in the palm of your hands. He gave you a chain with his initials, Wendy you have to ask him out."

Wendy sighed. "Well I was planning to ask him out this afternoon." Wendy said locking eyes with me from across the class for a brief moment.

I should be jealous right? I should be jealous that Damien and Wendy are spending so much time together right? I should be jealous that the guy that I like is spending his Saturdays with Wendy, right?

But I'm not.

Why should I be jealous of Damien spending time with Wendy? Why should I be jealous that he gave her a chain with his initials on it? Why should I be jealous that he told her how much that he enjoys spending time with her, which is the exact same thing that he told me?

I'm not jealous, because Damien did no such thing.

Turns out that Wendy is delusional. She's busy telling her friends that she spent Saturday with Damien, when I was literally with the guy for the entire day. I even slept over. So if I was with him, how the fuck is she saying that she was with him.

I don't know who Wendy spent her Saturday with, but it definitely wasn't Damien, unless she's a witch or sorceress and was able to make a clone of him. But that was very unlikely. This was the most serious case of delusion that I had ever seen.

So whatever little show she was putting on to make me jealous, was definitely not working. She was just making a fool of herself. And it's no suprise that Wendy was putting on a circus act, I mean, what else would you expect from a clown?

***

"And she was smelling so much of weed." Juan said in an exaggerated tone.

"So what you're telling me is that your grandmother was smoking weed?" Austin asked Juan is suprise.

"Yes dude, she was high as fuck and tried telling me that it was for medicinal purposes in the most unconvincing way possible." Juan threw his hands up in the air.

"Dude your grandma sounds badass." Austin told him.

"Yeah? Except that she's literally seventy-four!"

"And? There's no such thing as being too old to smoke." Said Austin.

"There most definitely is." Juan shot back.

"No, there's no specific age, gender or race. Weed do not discriminate."

After awhile, I drifted away from the weird conversation that Juan and Austin were having. I don't know how, but these two somehow managed to make their conversations get weirder and weirder, I swear that was some kind of talent.