Epilogue

Song: First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes

Third Person (POV)

Five years later...

"Damien stop, I'm trying to concentrate." Kai said in annoyance, but that didn't stop Damien from throwing another ping pong ball at him.

"I'm not going to stop until you give me attention. I want all your attention." Damien said.

Kai sighed and put down the paint brush that he was gripping in his hand, and turned towards his boyfriend.

Damien and Kai lived in a cosy penthouse apartment that the two of them paid at two, which Damien was very much against because he wanted to pay it on his own. After graduating college, Kai became an architect, while Damien worked side by side with his father in his oil company.

"You're such a man child." Said Kai as he walked over to where his boyfriend was sitting on the couch.

Damien just shrugged. "You love it." He said.

"Not at times like this when I'm trying to concentrate." Kai said sitting next to Damien.

As soon as Kai sat next to him, Damien didn't think twice before he engulfed Kai in a big hug, snuggling into him.

"Mmmm, you smell like paint." Damien said. "I love when you smell like paint."

Kai looked down at him with raised eyebrows. "Since when did you develop a paint kink?"

"Since the day we had sex after you painted me blue." He said casually, casing Kai to smack him on his back.

He looked up at Kai. "Ouch, what was that for?"

"We said that we would never talk about that, remember?"

Damien shook his head. "No, I remember that you said that we would never talk about it, I never agreed to it. Besides, it was your idea."

Kai shoved Damien off of him and stood up causing his boyfriend to look up at him quizzically. "Where are you going?" He whined. "I was just starting to get warm."

"I'm going back to my painting." Kai said.

"Is it because I brought up the blue sex? Because I take it back." Damien said sitting up.

"That, and the fact that I actually need to finish this painting."

Damien stood up and walked to where Kai was standing in front of the painted canvas. "What are you painting anyways? Cause it looks like... a mess?" He said but it came out more like a question.

Kai gave him a deadpanned look. "Thank you so much for being a supportive boyfriend. It's an abstract painting, you're not supposed to understand it."

"It's still beautiful though." He said hugging Kai from the back, resting his chin atop his head.

"I'm not going to end up getting this done, am I?" Kai asked.

Damien shook his head. "Nope."

Kai sighed and turned to face his boyfriend. He then wrapped his hands around his neck, pulling his head down so that he could capture his lips in a kiss that Damien responded to at lightning speed.

When the kiss started getting more heated, Damien lifted Kai off of the ground, causing him to wrap his legs around his waist, as he carried him to the couch to finish what they started...

***

Like a gentle cascade, the water, with its shimmering droplets, delicately traced a path down his face. Each droplet, like a tiny messenger from the heavens, carried the weight of his emotions, leaving a glistening trail in its wake. The water's touch, tender and soothing, whispered secrets of solace and renewal. Kai had had a very stressful day at work, and in his opinion, a warm shower was just what he needed.