15) You, Me And The Guys

Song:When I Come Around by Green Day

Kai Carter (POV)

The week slipped by like sand through my fingers, a blur of days that left me breathless and eager. Each morning I woke up to a new day, only to find that it was already over before I knew it. Time flew by on wings of swiftness, leaving me in awe of its unyielding briskness.

It was as if the universe had conspired to make the week pass by in a flash, leaving me with a sense of longing and a desire to hold on to each moment just a little longer. And yet, despite my efforts to slow down time, the week slipped away from me, leaving me with nothing but memories and a sense of wonder at the fleeting nature of life.

Tnough it felt like it was just yesterday Damien and I had a discussion in the classroom, that was four days ago. I still haven't told Damien what was really going on with me at home, because I'm still not ready to talk about it.

I know that it is something that I should be willing to talk about, but it is a very traumatic experience and I can hardly think of the situation without crying, let alone talking to someone about it. I will talk about it, maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even next month, but I will talk about it someday.

So here I was in the bathroom, splashing cold water on my face so that I won't fall asleep again in class, when a figure entered the bathroom. Normally I wouldn't care who it was, but then a familiar scent hit me. It was musk, amber and leather. I know that smell anywhere.

I turned around to see that Damien was just standing in the doorway looking at me intensely. Then he finally broke the scilence. "What a coincidence that we're in the bathroom at the same time." He grinned.

I laughed lightly. "Is it, or did you follow me." I teased.

"Actually," He said gaining ground on me. "I did follow you." Then he got even closer and leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "Don't you know that I'm a stalker for you." Causing chills to run down my spine.

When I was taking too long to answer, he laughed. "I'm just kidding. Obviously I'm not a stalker." Then he added. "Or am I?"

"Maybe you are." I said lowly.

He laughed. "Nah, I'm too hot to be a stalker. Have you ever heard of a hot stalker? I think not." He said causing me to get bright red, which only caused him to laugh harder.

"But I am serious though, I did follow you here because I wanted to talk to you."

"You wanted to talk to me?" I asked with the element of surprise in my voice.

"Why do you sound so suprised?" He asked. "I talk to you all the time, don't I?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but it's just a little bit weird that you followed me in the bathroom to do so."

He just shrugged. "Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I will be training at lunch time so this is the only opportunity that I'll get to talk to you today."

"Okay, now I kinda understand your actions." I said causing him to smirk.

He just stood there for awhile watching me. I cleared my throat awkwardly. "So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about."

"Right," He said clearing his throat like he totally forgot why he was here. "We're going out tonight and I want you to come."

I stared into his deep brown eyes. Did Damien just asked me to go out with him? No, cause he said 'we' meaning that there would be other people. "What do you mean we?" I asked.

"We as in you, me and the guys." He said.

"The guys?"

"Yeah, ya know, Leo, Rob, Jack, Holly and Emma."