12) Your Parents Are Jackasses

Song: Parents by YUNGBLUD

KAI CARTER (POV)

The walk to Damiens house was silent. No words were said between the two of us. No words were needed. Damien knew that I didn't want to talk about what had happened, so he didn't question me. All he knew was that I couldn't go home, and that I was soaking wet. And that was enough for him to take me home with him.

The walk to Damien's house was a feast for the senses. The air was cool, and the scent of blooming flowers filled my nostrils. The sky was a canvas of pink and orange hues, and the sun was just starting to peek over the horizon. The trees were bathed in the soft morning light, and the dew on the grass sparkled like diamonds. The sound of the birds chirping and the leaves rustling in the breeze was like music to my ears.

Soon, I was snapped out of my daze as the huge gates of Damien's house loomed in the distance, it's size and structure making it hard to miss. It was impressive, as were all the other gates in this neighbourhood with a grandeur that was hard to ignore.

For the entire walk to his house, Damien kept his arm wrapped around my waist. The warmth of his arm around my waist was like a gentle embrace, a comforting and reassuring touch that made me feel safe and secure. It was as if we were two halves of a whole, our bodies fitting together perfectly, creating a sense of completeness that was hard to describe.

Or maybe I was just being delusional with the 'our bodies fitting perfectly together' thing.

When we were in front of the gate, Damien pressed a button and said something. I wasn't really paying much attention, my body was aching from sleeping on the bench, and I just wanted to sleep.

Soon enough the gate opened and the two of us entered and walked up the grand driveway, and Damien ushered me into the mansion.

The house was just as impressive as it was a week ago with the grand stair case and chandler's hanging above in the high ceilings.

Without saying a word, Damien grabbed my hand in his and guided me up the stars and into his room. When we entered the room, what I saw nearly broke my heart in a million different pieces.

Why would he do this? I was about ten percent sure that he at least liked me a little. So why the fuck would he take me to his room when he knew that he had someone laying in his bed all snuggled up in his sheets?

I started feeling tears welling up in my eyes. I knew that I had no right to feel this way cause we were not dating. Hell, I don't even know if the guy is even gay! But I felt betrayed. How could he be holding my hands when there was someone in his bed. Make it make sense.

It didn't feel right that he was holding my hands. It didn't feel right for me to be at his house, so I was going to leave. If he asked why, I would just say that I changed my mind and wanted to go home.

Just as I was about to yank my hand from his, Damien looked down at me, then at his bed, and let out a deep chuckle.

What the fuck was he laughing at? He think this is funny?

He let go of my hand and walked oved to his bed, and yanked the duvet off of whoever it was covering. I heard an annoyed sigh as the person tried yanking it back from Damien.

"Damien, what the fuck!" The person screamed. "Can't a guy sleep in peace?"

Damien sighed. "Topher, what the hell are you doing in my bed?"

Topher, Damiens younger brother sat up and rubbed his eyes. "My room is too cold." He mumbled sleepily."The heating is broken."

Damien turned to look at me and my cheeks flushed red. Great, I was jealous of Damien's brother being in his bed. But in my defence I didn't know that it was Topher, I thought it was a threat?