Episode 1: Wednesday's child is full of woe (part 2)

1st person, Ki's pov:

Me, Enid, and Wednesday were walking down the stairs while Enid was telling Wednesday about Nevermore's past.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here." Said Enid "You can save the sanitized sales pitch. I don't plan on staying here for long." Wednesday said "why not?" "This was my parents idea. Oh look there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." "What plan?" Enid asked "To turn me into a version of themselves." Wednesday said. "In that case, perhaps you can clear something up. Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, anddd your parents pulled strings to get you off." Said Enid. "Actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?" Wednesday said "Did they deserve it?" I asked "Yes, very" Wednesday said. "Good then" I said.

We walked through the doors into the quad where, pretty much, everyone was. "Welcome to the quad" Enid said. "It's a pentagon" Wednesday said. "The whole snarky goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different. Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." We started walking again, "gosh, my legs hurt..." I thought, I had hurt both of my legs from falling off the stairs, its been 3 weeks, and they still feel the same.

(I actually did hurt my legs from the steps on my bus, but it hasn't been 3 weeks since that happened)

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent cliches." " wow, she says some pretty long words" I thought. "Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Enid said "There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners, and Scales." Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires." She said, pointing to the Fang's. "Some of them have been here for decades" I said. "Yep" Enid said. "That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves, like me!" The Furs start howling, I cringe. "Full moons get pretty loud around here, that's when Furs wolf out, I suggest you pick up some noise-cancelling headphones." "I'm assuming Scales are sirens?" Wednesday said. "Correct, that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing to Nevermore has to royalty, but can be a toxic bitch sometimes, I don't exactly know that but the rumors say that." I say. "Although her crown's been slipping lately." Enid said.

"She used to date our resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe. But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. And we have no idea why." I said.           "Fascinating." Wednesday said. " I know right!? My blog is like, the number one source for Nevermore gossip." Enid exclaimed. "Yo, Enid! You're not gonna believe the dirt I heard about your roommate." Ajax came to Enid and said. " Oh shit" I thought. "She eats human flesh, totally chowed down on the kid she murdered, you better watch your back." Enid and I moved out of the way so Ajax could see that Wednesday was behind us. "Quite the contrary. I actually fillet the bodies of my victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets." Wednesday said calmly. "Ajax, this is my new roommate, Wednesday." Enid said. "Whoa, you're in black and white, like a living Instagram filter." "Ignore him, Gorgons spend wayy too much time getting stoned." Enid cut into Ajax's words. "He's cute, but clueless." Enid said. "Cute? No. Clueless? Yes, very." I said. "Oh shush you" said Enid.

(No hate to Ajax I promise, I just wanted it to have some humour)

"Anyway, it's a small school. There wasn't much online about you. You should REALLY get on Insta, Snapchat, and TikTok." Enid said.

(I wish I did💀)

"I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." Wednesday said, walking away. "Lol, I like this girl. But not in THAT way of course." I thought.

Hi everyone! I hoped you liked this chapter! I'll post another one later or tomorrow. Anyway, have a good day/Night!

                                        705 words