Episode 1: Wednesday's child is full of woe (part 8)

1st person, Ki's pov:

Wednesday had sent Thing to Tyler's house so we were waiting for him to call on Enid's computer.

A few moments later he started calling so Wednesday was heading to the computer. She pressed a button and showed Tyler on the screen.

"Uh... Hi" "That's Thing" Wednesday said. "Is he... Like, your pet?" We could hear tapping in the background. "He's sensitive."

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level. And what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?" "Desperate times. Are you still willing to help us escape?" "Well after what happened at the Weathervane today I thought they would have you two in solidarity." "Well, I have to help Miss. Thornhill water her carnivorous plants for punishment but, for me it's not punishment. But I probably won't be here for that." I say, smirking. Wednesday looks at me in a "are you serious?" look. "What? She's hot. Can't help I like red heads...." I whisper the last sentence.

Wednesday just shakes her head alittle and continues talking to Tyler. "Anyways, there's a harvest festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. We're going to use it as a cover. If you're still willing to drive us to the station, we can make it worth while." "..... I'm in. And no charge. Consider it a freebie." "Why?" "Cause I wish I was going with you two. At least two of us will get out of the hellhole town."

          At the harvest festival:

Me, Wednesday, and Enid were outside of the festival. Waiting for Tyler to get done arguing with his dad.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?" Enid asked. "I trust that we can handle ourselves" Wednesday said flatly, as always.

"Well good luck and safe travels" Enid said, going to hug Wednesday, ofc Wednesday backed away. "Still not a hugger. Got it. As for you" Enid said, walking to me. "I'm really going to miss you..." "I'm going to miss you too, I promise I'll come back once I know my cousin is ok." I say, going to hug her. She hugged me quickly and tightly. I always thought of Enid like a sister, and my cousin like a little brother, I care for them both. "Bye.." She said sadly. "Bye, I'll see you soon." I say, watching her walk away.

Wednesday was turning her head towards something, so I looked and saw it was Principal Weems sitting on a bench.

"I'm going to use the restroom" I say to Wednesday. "Alright, but be quick. Weems is staring at me like shes a hawk and I'm a mouse." She said. "Ok, I will." I say, leaving to the porta pottys.

After I finished my business. I saw Wednesday at a game with Pandas hanging down and balloons and darts. I walked over and saw Xavier. I wanted to hear them without them knowing I'm there.

So I use my powers to turn invisible and walk to them, hearing there conversation.

"You should know I'm waiting for someone." Wednesday said to Xavier. "Oh yeah, who's the lucky guy?... Or, girl?" He said.

"What does it matter to you?" She said. I walked back alittle and appeared. Tyler was also there.

"We didn't mean to interrupt." I said. "Your not." Xavier said, leaving. Well that was awkward.

"This is going to be trickier than I thought." Tyler said. "Dad hit me with a curfew. We need to go if I'm gonna make it back in time." "I've got some dead weight I need to lose first. Meet us behind the parking lot when the fireworks start." She said. Tyler nodded and left us.

The worker at the game got a giant panda out and put it on the table. "You see that sad, lonely woman over there? She needs this pathetic validation more than I do." Wednesday told the worker, giving him money. "Would you mind distracting her?" She asked him. He walked over to Weems and put the panda on the table Weems was sitting at.

Weems was distracted so we left the game and headed to the parking lot. The fireworks were shooting out, and they were gorgeous.

We saw Tyler and walked to him. "Hey, before you leave, I wanted you to have this." Tyler said to Wednesday, it was a file. "It's your dad's police file from when he was at Nevermore. I think it's the reason my dad hates him." Wednesday was looking at the file. "You okay?" He asked her. "I'm not used to people engaging with me. Most see me coming and cross the street." "You're not scary. You're just kinda.... Kooky."

"I prefer spooky." "Oh"

"Now our train leaves in an hour. We're burning moonlight." Lol, moonlight. She walked forward and saw the pilgrim boys from earlier at the Weathervane. "Come on, Wednesday. Wednesday!" Tyler said, dragging both of us away from the boys. "We can lose them in the crowd." Tyler said.

We were all running away. The fireworks were still going off behind us.

Wednesday had ran into a guy and I caught her. She looked like she was staring up at the sky again. After a few seconds, she got back up. The guy she ran into was Rowan. He was heading to the woods.

"Shit. Wednesday, Ki, we need to go. Wednesday come on." Tyler said. "Rowan come back!" Wednesday said, running to Rowan. "Damn it, you know she won't listen to you you know that right?" I say. "Well, I tried." Tyler said, walking away.

I decide to go after her. Rowan's telekinesis is nothing like mine. His will make him go out of control and can hurt someone.

I saw them running down the bridge, I tried running as fast as I could, but, I need some air. So I stopped for a few seconds and went back to running.

By the time I got there, I heard yelling, and not in a good way. It was yelling in pain.

I ran and saw this monster.... Wait a minute, it's the monster from my nightmares. Still ugly as hell tho 😒. Bro looks like the a zombie from plants vs zombies cause of his big eyes. Why am I roasting it again? I don't know.

I saw Wednesday crawling to Rowan's body. I ran to her. "What the hell did that thing do to him? Oh... Nevermind, it sliced and diced him..." I said. There was a paper falling down. Wednesday grabbed it. It looked just like her. It even had the dragon in the background, that was me. "That looks like you." I say. "Is that... a dragon?" She asked me. "Yes, it is. It's me in my dragon form." "That's.... Fascinating...."

                  Hours later:

We got back to Nevermore and I was in Wednesday and Enid's dorm. Wednesday was looking at her dad's police file and the picture Rowan had.

I thought that, maybe Goody was right about Wednesday liking me, I mean there was signes she gives me but no one else.

She also had a crystal ball, and her parents appeared on it. "Hello, my little black cloud." Her father said. "So tell us darling, how was your first week?" Her mother asked.

Wednesday thought for a moment. "As much as it pains me to admit, you were right, Mother. I think I'm going to love it here."

Well this is going to take a very, dark turn...

The writer's note:

Hey Lovelys! Finally finshed this episode! And, sorry I haven't posted another chapter in awhile, I just have been busy with school and I didn't have much time on here. So I thought, since it's Christmas eve, I think I should publish this the day before Christmas. Hope you liked it! And Merry christmas abd happy new year!

                                      1312 words