Chapter 1 Planted Seed

(A/N) I'm going to get this out the way. Like in Iron Blooded Orphans, in this story, My OC/The male reader will be more focused on as the main character. Shinn will be more of a secondary character within this story. If that's not your cup of tea, now's your chance to stop now. You've been warned.

No one's POV

4 years ago...

Nhazul Hatake had never paid much attention to the War between the PLANTs and the Earth Alliance. Of course, as a Coordinator, he knew that Naturals and Coordinators had been at odds for a very long time, and he understood that the Bloody Valentine - the nuclear attack by the Alliance that had destroyed the PLANTs' colony Junius Seven - was a horrible tragedy. But he was twelve years old when it happened. He wouldn't really understand what the repercussions could be until much later.

Additionally, the Orb Union was a neutral nation, neither allied with the PLANTs nor with the Alliance. And its mixed population of Naturals and Coordinators got along well enough, unlike everywhere else.

Nhazul had relocated to Orb, with his older brother and younger sister. Due to their parents having died in a accident, Nhazul's older brother Zane had been taking care of him, and their younger sister Lillie. Before their death, Nhazul's parents always said that the reason they wanted to move to Orb was its open policy towards Coordinators - the Athhas, who ruled Orb, would allow anyone into the country, regardless of whether they were Naturals or Coordinators, as long as they believed in Orb's ideals.

We will not attack another Nation...

We will not allow another Nation to attack us...

We will not intervene in the conflicts of other Nations...

His parents believed in Lord Uzumi Nara Athha's ideals, and had raised their children to believe in them as well.

Those ideals were what allowed Orb to remain peaceful, for Naturals and Coordinators to live together, work together, even start families together. Zane believed that, saying that it was the best - or rather, the only way to live in peace. And that the PLANTs and Alliance ought to find a way to reconcile their differences and live the same way. As long as Orb continued to follow the ideals of Lord Uzumi, then neither the Alliance nor the PLANTs would ever have a reason to attack Orb, and they would be safe. Until one day things started to change...

June 15, CE 71...

Zane: (25 years old) What the hell is this

Zane: (25 years old) What the hell is this...? Is the Alliance seriously attacking us?!

Nhazul: (15 years old) But why..? We haven't attacked them, or done anything, have we?

Zane: No, we haven't... But with the war turning against them, the Alliance has been trying to force Orb to join them. And now, they decided to invade and take whatever they want by force. Those fuckers...!