Chapter 12 Bitter Hostilely

No one's POV

The morning following the crew's discussion with Chairman Durendal, the Chairman himself left early, boarding a helicopter that would take him to Gibraltar, and from there back to the PLANTs. Downstairs, Lunamaria had met up with Nhazul , and they were talking as they went down to the dining room for breakfast.

Nhazul: So the Chairman's gone already, huh?

Lunamaria: Well of course he is - he's a busy person, after all. It's a wonder he even had the time to talk to us yesterday.

Nhazul: Hmm.

Lunamaria: You're pretty lucky, Nhazul. Getting commended by the Chairman yesterday, and then getting the whole day off today like Shinn. Things are just great for you two...!

Hearing Lunamaria's tone and thinking that she sounded annoyed about something, he raised his brow.

Nhazul: You alright, Luna?

Lunamaria: Perfectly fine. Hope you enjoy your day off.

Lunamaria said, still rather annoyed, however Nhazul just gave her a look.

Nhazul: ...-_-... You do realize we've all got today off, right? The Captain gave us two days' shore leave.

Lunamaria opened her mouth to reply, but a pleasant, almost wryly amused voice interrupted the discussion.

???: Good morning you two. You're the youngsters from the Minerva, right? Where's that FAITH operative who was with you guys?

The two looked over to see the same FAITH member from yesterday, who has orange hair and green eyes.

Lunamaria: Excuse my manners. Good morning to you sir. I believe the Commander is still in his room...

Nhazul just looked at Lunamaria again, hearing the annoyed tone, as he wondered what she sounded so annoyed about. Just then they overheard a voice, and Nhazul glanced over his shoulder to notice Athrun, looking visibly uncomfortable, as Lacus Clyne was clinging to his arm and talking to him.

???: Ah...never mind. I get the picture, thank you.

The officer said. Then he stood and, as the two approached, saluted.

???: A pleasure to see you this morning, Ms. Lacus.

Lacus: Oh, hello. Good morning.

???: Your show yesterday was quite a success. I'm sure something like that will tremendously help everyone's morale.

Lacus: And did you enjoy the concert, Mr. Heine?

Heine: Of course.

Heine replied, then turned to Athrun.

Heine: There was so much going on yesterday that you and I were never properly introduced. I'm Heine Westenfluss, of the Special Forces. It's a pleasure to meet you, Athrun.

Slightly surprised that Heine knew his name, he nodded, shaking the other man's hand.

Athrun: Nice to meet you too. I'm Athrun Zala.

Heine: Yeah, I know. You're quite the celebrity although I heard you only recently returned to active duty, you used to be with the Le Creuset Team, right?

Athrun: I was.

Heine: I was assigned to the Hawkins Team for most of the Great War. Up until just recently, in fact.

They were suddenly interrupted by Lacus's manager, who asked her in his high, nasal voice to follow him in order to discuss the day's schedule.

Lacus: I guess it can't be helped. I'll be seeing you later!