Chapter 28 The Song of Truth

No one's POV

Currently within the Archangel, as they arrived at the Luner city of Copernicus, Nhazul was speaking with Athrun and Kira about Destiny and Legend Gundams.

Kira: So, if the Vengeances and Sabre are with us, then that means the Minerva only has the Destiny and Legend, correct?

Athrun: But given how Lunamaria and Nhazul defected, I'm sure they were assigned ZAKUs and GOUFs for more support.

Kira: I see.

Athrun: I still can't get over that to be honest

Athrun: I still can't get over that to be honest. I never expected you to lose to Nhazul.

Nhazul: ...-_-... Thanks, I guess you were fine if I died...

Athrun: That's not what I mean. I didn't want either of you to die. It's just Kira is incredibly powerful as a pilot. The fact that you did beat him was impressive and shocking. There's not even a handful of people who can do that.

Kira: I wasn't trying to kill him at first, but as time went on, I couldn't see myself getting out of that situation unless I fought to kill. Even then, it was like Nhazul was learning and adapting as time we went on. He was even mimicking my movements.

Nhazul: Well, I wanted you dead. So I was going to use everything available to me, even your own movements.

Athrun: The Archangel also went down. It was full of surprises. But maybe that's what made it all the more clear to me. That this isn't right.

Kira: Athrun.

Athrun: It's what makes dealing with the Chairman and Rey so difficult. When you talk to them, everything they say sounds right. It still makes me glad I was able to get through to Nhazul all the more.

Nhazul: I've known Rey since I was in the academy. So I knew to trust him on must things. But when talking to the Chairman, it always felt like there was a second, hidden meaning to his words. Like he's saying one thing, but means something completely different.

Kira: I agree. I know what you're both saying. What they probably say is correct.

Nhazul just sighed, thinking about Shinn.