Chapter 15 Life Remaining and Life Scattered

No one's POV

Upon defeating Gaia, Shutting down the Impulse's thrusters, Shinn opened the cockpit and clambered down until he stood on the Gaia's torso. He climbed in, detaching the harness, and lifted Stella from the seat, carrying her out.

 He climbed in, detaching the harness, and lifted Stella from the seat, carrying her out

Shinn: Stella...why'd it have to be you?

Stella was unconscious, and a wound on her head was bleeding profusely. As Shinn held her in his arms, she stirred for a moment.

Stella: Can't...die...scared...protect..

She said weakly, her eyes half-open. Then she closed her eyes and lost consciousness again. Sabre and Savior landed not far away, as Nhazul and Athrun opened their cockpits and stepped out.

Athrun: Shinn!

Shinn ignored him, moving back towards the Impulse, Stella in his arms.

Athrun: Wait a minute... Shinn! Hey, Shinn!

As Nhazul saw Shinn move, holding Stella, he looked surprised, recognizing her from the town.

Nhazul's thoughts: The hell...?

As Impulse's cockpit hatch closed. Moments later, the Impulse took off, heading towards the Minerva. Getting back into the Sabre and Savior, both Nhazul and Athrun returned as well, making their way to the medical bay, where they saw multiple crew members, including Lunamaria who had returned from her own mission gathered around. Upon arriving, the three saw multiple armed guards with Talia,

as Shinn was trying to calm down a frantic Stella, who eventually passed out

(Timeskip)

Once the Gaia was retrieved, and Stella restrained, it's revealed that Stella is one of the Extended of the Earth Alliance. Because of her abnormal count of body substances, the doctors are not sure how effective their medicine will be. As well as this, her memories have been manipulated as well which is why she doesn't remember the incident with Shinn. Hearing this, Shinn becomes very upset. Some days later, as the last the repairs to the Minerva were complete, they were ready to set sail.