Chapter 29 To a New World

No one's POV

Currently within the Archangel, after arranging transport for Meer to go to Orb, everyone was on the bridge, listening to Durandal announcing a memorial statement for the PLANTs' victims to the whole world. Then labels it "the last defense for the survival of the human race" as he declares the introduction of his Destiny Plan. Hearing this, Nhazul thought back to his words that day when receiving the Vengeances Gundam.

(Flashback)

Durendal: But in simple terms, that's the way the world is right now. As the world is now, none of us really knows who we are. We're unaware of our strengths, or our role in all this. We live our lives at the mercy of the times.

(Flashback)

Durendal: He was very unfortunate. If only he had realized earlier who he was, he would've understood his strengths and his role and lived where he could've fully utilized his skills.

Hearing this, Athrun's eyes widened, as if he came to a sort of realization.

Durendal: He wouldn't have had to worry and suffer. His strength would've been recognized, and he would've lived a happy life.

Nhazul: Happy life?

Shinn: A happy life, sir?

Durendal: That's right. How much happier can one be then to understand oneself, be useful doing what one's capable of, and live the fullest of one's potential?

Shinn: Ah, yes, sir.

Durendal: When this war ends, that's the world I would like to create. If the world becomes a place where everyone can live happily, there will never be another war, ever.

Hearing this, Nhazul looked at Durendal confused, not fully sure what he meant.

Nhazul's thoughts: A world without war? That's not possible... You just can't rid them world of conflict with the snap of a finger...

Durendal: Sounds like a dream, doesn't I? But I will see to it that it becomes a reality. So for the sake of such a future, I want you guys to give it every effort.

(Present)

Nhazul's thoughts: So this is what he meant that day... The Destiny Plan...

The Destiny Plan, is to conduct thorough analysis of the DNA information of all people and place them in occupations consistent with their vocational aptitude, and by doing so, it creates a world where everyone lives happily. In other words, it is a completely controlled society where free will is not recognized.

Andrew: As expected, the nations of the world are very slow to react.

Murrue: Perhaps even more then you expected.

Mu: It's more like they don't know how to react. Now that it's about genes, it's gone beyond races or nations. I'm sure everyone is confused.

Lunamaria: After hearing him talk, it really does sound like a wonderful thing. No more anxieties. No more war. We'll all live happily.

Nhazul: However the concept of Free Will, will no longer given. It'll be like a glorified Ant colony in a way.

Kira: The Chairman is seen as a trustworthy person...for now.

Athrun: But he's only just introduced this plan. It's far from over.

Andrew: He did imply that he would introduce and execute this plan.