Chapter 3 Stardust Battlefield

No one's POV

As the battle that would take place within the Debris Belt,

Nhazul, Shinn and Lunamaria, along with two other pilots sortie to pursue the enemy mothership

Lunamaria: My record isn't great in debris field battles.

Nhazul: They would have had to notice us by now. Stay sharp.

Lunamaria: I know! You're starting to sound like Rey! It's throwing me off!

Nhazul: It really doesn't take much.

Lunamaria just looked at Nhazul annoyed, as the four continued forward. Sabre accelerated, maneuvering around the various chunks of debris with comparative ease. Following behind, was the Blast Impulse, ZAKU Warrior, and two GINNs.

However, suddenly, alarms rang in the Sabre's cockpit as Gaia, Chaos and Abyss all emerged from debris, surprising everyone. The Abyss immediately opened fire with its multiphase beam cannon, while the Gaia and Chaos attacked the two GINNs with their beam rifles.

Shinn: What the hell?

Sabre proceeded to evade their attack while the two ZAKUs split off, narrowly avoiding the barrage aimed at them, however one of the GINNs is destroyed by Chaos's Weapon pods.

Lunamaria: Shawn!

Lunamaria's ZAKU Warrior and Blast Impulse proceeded to dodge multiple blasts, before Sabre began returning fire.

Nhazul's thoughts: So this was an ambush... They were hiding out in the scrap.

Nhazul: Scatter and engage them one-on-one!

Sabre proceeded to evade a second barrage from the Abyss. He turned and opened fire with the beam rifle, which the Abyss took on its anti-beam-coated outer shoulder armor.

Auel: You're mine!

Auel spat as he unleashed his machine's two back-mounted linear cannons, four shoulder-mounted cannons, and multiphase beam cannon at the Sabre. Sabre evaded the attack easily, as did Dale's GINN.

However, Dale's return fire was dissipated by the anti-beam coating on the Abyss's heavily-armored outer shoulders, and it retaliated once again with its shoulder-mounted cannons. This time, he wasn't so fortunate, and the barrage obliterated it.

Lunamaria: Dale!

Shinn: Bastards!

Lunamaria: We're down by two already!

Suddenly, the three received a message from the Minerva, ordering them to return and informing them of the enemy attack.

Lunamaria: And the Minerva's under attack?!

Shinm: So this was a damn trap...!

Nhazul: Yeah. But there's no way we all can return like this... Leading them back will make things worse. Shinn! Head back, Luna and I will hold them off!