Chapter 27 Departure

No one's POV

Currently on the rear deck of the Archangel, Nhazul was leaning on the railing, looking at the night sky, when he heard someone spoke up.

???: I guess no matter what ship you're on, you always end up here.

Nhazul looked back and saw both Athrun and Kira walking up.

Kira: You should get some rest

Kira: You should get some rest. We have to take off in the morning.

Nhazul: It's not like I get much sleep anyway. I'll be fine.

Kira: Huh?

Athrun: From what I heard, Nhazul suffers from insomnia. He gets at the most 2 to 3 hours of sleep. How he functions like that, is beyond me.

Kira: I see. I can only imagine I may have something to do with it?

Nhazul: Yeah... I would have constant nightmares of that day... To the point where I dreaded sleeping...

Kira: I see. I'm sorry...

Nhazul: You said it your self. No matter what you say or do, you can't change the past. So there's no need for you to constantly apologize to me.

Kira: Right.

As the three stood there, Athrun looked up at the sky.

Athrun: Even though it's so quiet here. Why can't we live in a world like this all the time?

Kira: I'd say it's because we have a dream. We have desires and hopes. A less appealing word would be greed.

Athrun: Kira.

Kira: Well, that's what it boils down to, right? We want to do this, and become that. We all feel that way, and that's why we can't stay here for too long. It's the same for all of us.

Athrun: And we can't exist in the world the Chairman is envisioning.

Kira: In one sense, we could stay here forever.

Nhazul: You mean, being told to stay here.

Athrun: That's right.

Kira: In such a world, nothing happens... and that's why wars like this would never start. But I...

Athrun: I don't want that either.

Kira: Are we being selfish?

Athrun: Perhaps.

Nhazul: Even so, it's how humanity has been able to survive this long.

Kira: Yeah.

Athrun: It's a difficult one. Not to be allowed to fight, or to have no choice to fight.

Kira: If only our dreams were the same.

Athrun: I think they are the same. But we just don't realize it.