Sonia's xmas chapter|| I hate my own ff sm part 28466482

Author: Weird how I'm still uploading uhh but I did say I will update this very slowly so enjoy a cute Xmas episode p1/? (Akito in that is just like me fr)

Would've, Could've, Should've - Sonia

Nekomaru and Akane set up the decor and tree around as Teruteru bosses them, Hajime and Chiaki are transporting the gifts. Nagito stands nearby for luck, it's weird but it's like this every Christmas. Natsumi and Sato argue in the corner about what and what not, Fuyuhiko and Peko take a walk around the island. Gundham and Kazuichi have a Lover's Quarrel about activities. Ibuki, Mikan, Hiyoko, and Mahiru are still shopping for their Secret Santa.

As much as our first few hours awake on Christmas is all about each other we seem to enjoy it more with a specific person. Whether it be a friend, significant other or anyone really. I still can't find time for anything or anyone anymore. Ms. Yukizome taps on my shoulder "Hello Sonia, what are you wondering about?" I couldn't even say a word. "I know what your thinking. You feel like you reached found family but that killing game still tears you apart right?" Oh. That's what I must've felt, Despair. To think I found happiness in something that was already corrupted, Survivors guilt. This isn't a game anymore, this is reality. One where I survived a artificial killing game, one where others didn't. One where a person would've murdered another if they had no choice, One where I know now when, where, why they would. I guess everyone's over it and forgiven it but me, have I? It haunts me if it wasn't a game, to think many people I cherish die, by the hands of others I cherish. I suppose it's just my soft and sensitive nature.

Ms Yukizome tilted her head, smiling "You know I've died." I know that. "You didn't die by the hands of your colleagues. It's different, we're different. I'm young but I'm not a kid, Not after that."

"You we're just a kid when it Started Sonia."

"I had to kill my family, millions, I was given the choice of killing my classmates in a game I didn't even realize was fake! I cant forgive myself ever, I want to try forgive my classmates too but I don't even know if I can even forgive my own brother for the same mistakes I've made."

"Take your time. As long as it takes."

I go back to my room, sit on my bed, look down and think to myself can I even say I'd do anything for someone now? Now that I've been given an actual opportunity to do anything for someone. Would've, Could've, Should've.

I isolated myself from the entire class the whole week, I can't think straight after all I've thought of. Multiples Questions to myself but most importantly 'If I did anything, anything at all that helped my classmates? Would I be able to forgive myself?' I hear a knock on my door, I opened it to see my brother, Nagito with an awkward smile on his face. "Need someone to talk to?"

"Yes."

"What do you wanna talk abou-"

"How do you forgive the others, along with yourself?"

"Huh?" He said, confused. "Please elaborate."

"I can't seem to forgive myself or anyone after the killing game. Not even you." Nagito looked, shocked. "I can see why, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In a simpler way, You can forgive just without forgetting. You can still care for them even though they don't deserve it, Nobody does. As for yourself, Your stupidity is what makes you human, isn't it? You didn't die right? It's like any other deadly situation. You live to honor who can't. You live for them."

"When they die, you can't do anything anymore. It's not about why they died but why you survived."

"Thank you Nagito."

"Anytime."

He leaves the room as I stand up feeling better. I get out of my room to finally help out with stuff I should or could. "HOT COCOA" Teruteru shouts signaling we're having dinner together. Everyone seemed so happy, It made me happy.

As we finished off I go to the balcony as Nagito comes by to talk to me. "Why did you open the door for me and not anyone else?" "You're my brother after all."

"You wanted to know how I forgave everyone after that sick game huh?" I nod, he sighed. "Ah well sure a lot of people hated me, accused me of murder, even the first death of the entire game was my fault because someone wanted to kill me. I don't know how or why I forgave them it was definitely hard of course but you have no choice when you've been stuck with these people. I cant just leave them and act as if they're not the only people who'll understand, no tolerate me after that. When you've been trough being the worst version of yourself, you have to just be with people just as bad or worse."

"Nagito!" Akane calls "There you are we need some luck in our Snowball fight." I look at them play from afar in the sand, Why did it take so long to find this inner peace? It won't last forever that's what I know but I'm trying to enjoy it. It's not the same as it was, and it can never be that way again. It hurts to know that.