Chapter 6: Greasy

A/N – I have no idea how court cases work. I'm completely winging it. It's a fictional world anyway XD but I just wanna preempt any "That's not how that works", cause legit I have no idea.

You got ready for Wednesday, dressing up nice enough, but not too much. Just a step above your normal dress for work. You opted for a skirt over pants just because of the mechanical differences between the two when going to the bathroom with one hand. Especially since you needed to have your left hand bandaged up and in a sling. There was no way that it was healed enough to be flailing it around just a few days out of the hospital.

It was still pretty raw on the pain scale, so you let Killer wrap it up for you, rather than frustrate yourself trying to do it. You were surprised when you saw Kid and Killer. They looked remarkably different, all cleaned up and tidy for court. Neither one of them looked overly comfortable, but Kid wasn't a strong breeze away from just ripping off his tie and throwing a fit, so they didn't look uncomfortable either.

The three of you got to the courthouse with some time to spare and met up with Coby beforehand. He was walking through you on the process of how the hearing would go, and that you might not be called on right away, or even at all, depending on how things went. You, Kid and Killer were welcome to sit inside the courtroom and watch all the preceding items on the docket while you waited for yours, or you could stay out in the hall. Either way the prosecutor would work with it.

You caught someone coming down the hall from the corner of your eye, and sucked in a breath at the sight of him before hiding yourself behind Killer's completely untamable hair. He'd done what he could for the court appearance, but it was still a massive blonde waterfall down his back.

"Mouse?" Kid questions quietly, and even Officer Coby was looking at you with some concern.

"Greasy." You said softly, knowing that at least Kid and Killer would know what you meant, without causing any undue issues for Coby. You could feel Killer tense, since you were hiding behind him.

The greasy guy didn't notice you, he barely even acknowledged Kid, Killer, and Coby, as he was grumbling back and forth with someone who was walking with him. Either a parent or a lawyer, you weren't sure which, and you weren't willing to forfeit your hiding place to find out.

After he was clear and gone away from your immediate area, you peaked back out. Eustass was scowling and Killer had a hand on your shoulder.

"You're not going to be able to avoid him," Kid growls. "He's the fucking ass that rear-ended you."

"Avoid?" Coby prompts.

Your face goes red, and you sigh. "He showed up at my apartment Monday. I told him I didn't live there."

"Oh. Oh." Coby's face takes on a more severe expression than you expected him to be capable of. "How'd he know your address?"

You shrug. "I didn't give it to him. Maybe it was on the police report?"

"Mm. Do you know why he was there?"

You shake your head. "I just, uh, lied to him, and he left." You felt really weird admitting to Coby that you had lied. "I didn't know who he was anyway. I didn't get a look at him during the accident."

"It's okay Miss (Y/N), you didn't have any obligation, legal or otherwise, to be honest with him." Coby assures you, his severe expression replaced with a comforting smile. "I'm going to update the prosecutor on this and inform Mr. Decken's lawyer that his client is not to go to your apartment again unless explicitly invited. Do you wish to file a restraining order?"