Chapter 1:Nevermore

Y/N POV:

Mother:you're going to love it here I swear.

They say as I look out into the forest the glass paned prison holding me from escaping.

Y/N:I beg to differ mother. Going to an average school will help me with people skills proven by Albert Einstein and I quote "Education is not just for accumulating facts."

I say to my mothers statement. She has always had a problem with me. She says I don't have enough friends but that's just false. I stare back out the window to see the shadow glooming over the woods that is Nevermore.

"Aah here we are my child. Your first day of school and you're already going to fit in."

I roll my eyes in disbelief and sigh right after. I am a very intelligent person. My IQ was tested and I had an IQ of 250. Making me the smartest person in the school.

"Mother I yern for death much more than this school of outcasts."

My mother then snaps her head my way and looks me dead in the eyes.

"My child you are as well an outcast after all we are Oni aren't we."

My mother had a point. We are Oni but I still didn't want to attend school at an outcast school.

As we say our goodbyes the principle walks to me and greets me with a warm hearted smile.

"Hello [Y/N] I am-"

"Principle Weems. I know could you just show me to my room I already know about everything. I'll be choosing an activity too."

I say interrupting the principle. She then smiles and nods as she ushers me to the front door all the way to my new room.

"You'll be in a room with Wednesday. Her roommate Enid wanted to change rooms to be with Ajax."

I nod as she leaves the room. Even though she wasn't facing my direction I could feel her glaring.

"Couple of rules. No snoring, no hugging, no romance and definitely no friends over while I'm gone."

She says with a cold voice.

"Yes my litch."

I say with sarcasm in my voice as she darts her eyes at mine. Making the atmosphere so thick that you could cut it with a butter knife.

"Good."