Chapter 1: Crassitt's Arena

Serran walked through the lower levels of Coruscant. The air was thick and the smell of rotting food and death lingered in the air. Down here was dark and poor compared to the top of Coruscant where all the rich people and jedi lived. Serran had learned that the hard way. He had once been a jedi but had been expelled from the order when he was younger.

Serran was now nineteen. He was average height and slender. He had pale skin that contrasted with his black hair. His hair was about shoulder length now and a chunk of his hair was white. He never knew why that part was white and he hated it because it made him stand out. When he was younger he used to love it but he just wanted to cut it off now.

He wore the same blue and black jedi robes from when he was still apart of the order. They still fit him which even he never thought would happen. He had decided to keep them since they still fit and so he didn't have to pay for new clothes with the little money he had. Even if he did have the money for new clothes, he would save it for a ship so he could travel the galaxy to research the sith that had once ruled the galaxy and eventually become one himself.

The sith were dead now. Destroyed by each other. He had heard from his former master who had fought in the war between the sith and jedi that a single sith wiped out his own kind and many other jedi. His master never knew why the sith did it but she did know that it was for selfish reasons. The war had ended about thirty years ago. It had been an awful war. No one liked talking about it these days.

Serran walked past an old blue twi'lek sitting on the ground with a bowl in his hand. "Please sir, spare an old man like me some credits." He begged while holding out the bowl.

Serran glared at the man. "Kriff off, Bonaptu. Everyone knows that you just end up spending all of your credits at cantinas and on death sticks." He spat at the old twi'lek. Bonaptu rolled his eyes.

"Sleemo." Bonaptu insulted quietly.

Serran had finally gotten to his destination. It was a big old building with tan walls and dark stone floors. It had neon signs in the front advertising fighting matches. It also had signs showing fighters who would have matches that night. Serran was one of them.

Serran entered the building and was greeted by the person at the front desk. He wasn't paying attention to his surroundings much but knew that someone had walked in. "Ticket?" He asked Serran who was already heading to the locker room. He stopped in his tracks.

"I'm one of the fighters today. Serran Irkehd." He said. The man looked up.

"Oh, sorry 'bout dat." The man said with slurred words. Serran had already gone into the locker room.

He shut his rusty locker and looked into the cracked mirror behind him. Serran was now wearing a black tank top, baggy brown pants and white bandages around his feet, ankles and knuckles. His match was coming up soon. He figured that he should focus on building up his anger and emotion for the upcoming fight. He also wanted to be more connected to the force.

His former master had taught him about battle meditation once when he was still a padawan. It was a powerful thing that one of the sith lords had used to conquer worlds and defeat armies. Serran had suddenly remembered it after all this time. It wouldn't have any use right now though.

Serran sat down on the cold floor and focused himself on his emotions. He searched for an anger within and built it up so he could let it all burst out at once during the match. A few guys appeared around the corner of a row of lockers. They were extremely loud and annoying. "Yeah, and then he tried breaking my arm but the little twig couldn't do it! So then, I decided to break his arm instead!" One of the men said loudly.

"Now that's something right there." One of the other men responded. They were very distracting to Serran but he tried his best to tune it out. The man saw Serran and pointed him out to his two other friends. "What's this stick doing in Crassitt's Arena? He's gonna get himself killed out there." The man joked to his other friends.