Chapter 15: Terror on Chandrila

Meera meditated on the floor of her living quarters in the Jedi temple. She wasn't allowed to go after Serran anymore since they were friends in the past and the council didn't want her feelings getting in the way of anything. It was mildly upsetting but she completely understood their decision. She would have to trust all the other Jedi and the bounty hunters to do their job and hopefully capture him.

What she was trying to focus on though, was her new mission. In just a short while she would be in charge of a group of soldiers for the first time. The mission would be to investigate a rumored terrorist base on Chandrila. The terrorists were known to be against the Jedi and the Republic. Recently though, they were capturing Republic troopers and possibly keeping them hostage. It would make sense for them to keep the troopers hostage since they could easily use them against the Republic and could exchange them for anything they wanted.

Even though the war between the brotherhood of darkness and the army of light had ended over thirty years ago, there were still factions against the republic that were dangerous. Fortunately, the order had found most of these factions and had disbanded them over the years.

Meera opened her eyes and breathed out slowly. She was ready for this mission and wouldn't let her emotions get in the way of anything.

"There is no emotion, there is peace." She started to recite. "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the force." She finished reciting the Jedi code. She stood up and exited her quarters.

~

Meera stepped aboard the huge Hammerhead-class cruiser. This ship was the perfect one for this specific mission. This class of cruiser was a type of warship used by the Republic Navy during the Old Sith Wars, the Mandalorian Wars, and the New Sith Wars. One of the most successful warship designs in galactic history, the Hammerhead class still saw use in sector defense forces millennia after its introduction and inspired many other ship designs. Even though the class was dated, it was a very useful and practical ship.

During the New Sith Wars, Hammerheads each held a squadron of Aurek-class tactical strike fighters and had undergone significant upgrades and design revisions since their debut thousands of years before. Much like the Invincible-class dreadnaught, the Hammerhead-class cruiser was one of the longest-serving classes of ship in the Republic military, with versions of it being maintained in active service.

In front of her were multiple squads of troopers, each squad holding five people which included a squad leader. Every one of the troopers stood before her, ready for an order.

Meera cleared her throat. "I am Meera Tendulkar, your commander for this mission. As you all know, we are going to investigate a rumored terrorist area on Chandrila in hopes of finding their base." She paused for a short moment. She wasn't used to being in charge of so many people. This mission had to go well. "You all will be split up into six groups of five. One of the five will be your captain."

"Excuse me, miss."

Meera spotted a male trooper who held up his hand. "Yes?"

"We already know all this stuff so can you just get to the point already?" The male trooper asked. He was mocking her. "I swear these Jedi always take forever to explain things." He muttered to the trooper next to him.

"Yes, sorry about that. Should I just leave you to explain the mission instead?" Meera asked, speaking the same way as the trooper.

"Er- no, sir." The trooper apologized.

"Moving on then. We will land at a spaceport near the supposed base. Once at the base, each squad captain will lead their squad into different areas of the building until we find something. If nothing is found then search the surrounding area outside the building and if you find anything, report it to me directly." Meera ordered.