Chapter 14: Imprisoned

"I can't die yet. Not yet."

Coruscant had a nice blue sky that day. Serran lay on the ground of the courtyard in front of the jedi temple, staring up at the blue sky. He was lost in thought.

"Serran, what are you doing here?" A small togruta with red skin asked. It was Seth.

"The weather is nice." He sat up. "Where's Meera?"

Seth scratched his cheek. "She went to the library in the temple. Said she wanted to look something up real quick.

"I can't die. Not yet. Not yet."

"That sounds exactly like her." Serran responded.

"Not yet. Not yet. Not yet."

Seth glanced over to the large stone temple behind them. "We should get going."

"I can't die. Not yet. Not yet!"

~

Serran's eyes flung open. He was hooked up to some sort of machine whilst in a bacta tank. He stared at his reflection in the glass. His eyes had turned from light brown to the glowing yellow and orange that only the sith had.

He peered out the glass tank to see where he was. He was in a small room plated with metal. He wasn't alone though. By the door were two republic soldiers who both held blasters and by the tank was a medical droid.

"The patient has awoken." The droid announced.

Serran sat on a cot by the bacta tank. The medical droid was tending to the large wound on his stomach. Fortunately, the bacta tank had helped heal it. One of the guards stood by Serran.

The droid picked up a syringe and then injected it into the wound. "Hey!" Serran yelled. One of the guards pointed his blaster at his head. "I just want to know what the hell the damn droid put in me." He said slowly and clearly.

The guard didn't lower his blaster. "I injected medicine into your body to help with any pain you may be feeling." The droid explained.

Serran turned towards the guard by him. "Where am I?" He asked him. The guard didn't respond. "I said, where am I?" The guard lowered his blaster slightly.

"You are in... a jedi cruiser." The guard said. The guard by the door whipped his head towards the other guard.

"What're ya tellin' em for?!" The guard by the door yelled. The guard by Serran snapped out of it.

"I mean, it's not a secret." He said to the other.

The guard scoffed. "He used a kriffing force mind trick on ya."

The guard by Serran looked at him in disgust. Serran simply smiled in response. His smile then disappeared. "Why didn't you guys kill me when you had the chance?" He asked.

The door to the room suddenly opened and a green twi'lek dressed in layers of brown entered. She was a jedi. "To answer your question, I wanted you alive so we could question you. You know things that the order doesn't." Serran glared at her. It was her fault that he was in this mess. "Haidy Sokratis, member of the jedi council and you are Serran Lahora, a jedi that has fallen to the dark side."

Serran clenched his jaw. "I am not a jedi." He spat. The twi'lek strolled over to where he sat. "Take one more step and I'll snap that pretty little neck of yours in two." He threatened.

The jedi stopped walking. "Oh please, these guards were given orders to shoot you on the spot if you just so lifted a finger at them. You have no choice but to play by our rules." She laughed.

Serran breathed a long sigh. The medical droid started wrapping bandages around Serran's lower torso. "You could have just taken all the books from the academy and read through them all." He argued.