Chapter 21: A Jedi and a Sith: Part 2

Serran stood in the hole he had exploded. Standing before him was Meera with her green lightsaber out and ready to block any attacks he would throw at her. She was covered in dust from the explosion. "It's been a while, Meera." He said with bitterness, raising his lightsaber to the position Meera had hers.

"It has been, Serran," Meera answered just as bitterly. She never expected Serran to turn up here, especially since there was a huge bounty put on his head. But why come here? He would only be in danger here on Coruscant, but he actively came here and even infiltrated the Jedi temple. "What are you doing here?" She asked, needing answers. She could feel only hatred in his heart.

"To kill you, obviously. What did you think I was doing here?" He mocked. He carefully examined the room without moving. It looked like an entrance to another room. He could feel just how much of the force was here, though. It was almost more powerful than Darth Bane's tomb on Korriban. So many secrets of the force lay here, forgotten by the past generations and forced to be consumed by the light.

"But to come to Coruscant? Have you gone mad?" Meera demanded. She realized that she was letting her anger show. She couldn't let Serran use that against her.

"I was growing impatient. You didn't come after me so I thought that I should come after you instead." Serran explained. He could see Meera's anger starting to show and how she couldn't control her emotions. He fed on that anger, that hatred, that desire to end his life, and used it to fuel himself and give himself strength. He breathed in and then sighed deeply.

"I wasn't allowed to hunt you down and end your chaos. But to instead hunt me down? The darkside has corrupted your mind." Meera said to Serran. It hurt to see her former friend so corrupted by the darkside. He had been completely transformed from a loud, passionate, courageous boy to a bloodthirsty Sith. "Please, come back to the light. The council could understand what you've been through, and you would have a second chance." Meera pleaded, trying to go back to the past when everything was fine.

"Darkness is the natural state of the universe." He started, "Light is an invading force that must be neutralized. I will never go back to the Jedi." He spat. He finished feeding on all the anger and hatred he felt towards Meera and the order, and in one breath, he attacked.

He swung his red blade up and across, aiming for Meera's neck. She blocked the attack with her green lightsaber. Serran stepped back and switched to a backhanded technique. He slashed the lightsaber quickly, aiming only for Meera's vitals. She blocked the attacks quickly but couldn't find an opening to go on the offensive.

Serran swiftly brought his lightsaber up and then moved forward, violently swinging down the red blade. Meera pushed her lightsaber above her head and blocked the lethal attack.

They both kept their blades in that position as they locked eyes. Meera's aqua eyes stared fearfully into Serran's. Her friend was dead. Gone. Lost to the depths of darkness. All that remained of him was the slightly older body of her former friend, but instead of his light brown eyes, he had piercing, hate filled yellow-orange eyes of the Sith. "What happened to you?"

"Just die already." Serran spat. He jumped back and revealed the lightsaber he had stolen from a jedi and ignited its blue blade. He wanted this fight to end quickly. Meera quickly changed her form to form three, the most defense based form of the rest.

Serran lunged at Meera with both sabers in hand and swung them over each other in an attempt to cut her in half. Meera was only able to block one of the sabers. The other blade pierced her stomach. Fortunately for her, the wound was shallow. Still, though, it would hinder her ability to end this fight.

Serran jumped back and smiled. He was enjoying this. Just watching the person he despised most be in pain fueled him more. He jumped up onto a large piece of debris, jumped up into a front flip, and fell toward Meera with both lightsabers in hand aimed at her head. Meera looked up and saw this. She reached her hand up and threw Serran up onto the ceiling with the force. He landed on the ground below.