Chapter 2: Meera

Meera walked through the halls of the jedi temple on Coruscant. She had finally been given a mission. It had been ages since she had been given one and she didn't care if it was just for something small and easy to take care of.

As she walked through the halls, she spotted master Kresonri walking to her. It felt like it had been a while since she had spoken to the togruta.

"Hello, Master Kresonri." Meera said. She was of the Zeltron species and had hot pink skin and red-brown hair that were in two separate braids. She had a scar over her left eye that had permanently blinded that eye.

"There's no need to be so formal." Kresonri said to the jedi knight. She was of the togruta species. Her long lekku were a pleasant shade of yellow and white and she had an akul teeth headdress on. She wore the traditional jedi robes and cloak.

"Well then, Kresonri, I finally received a mission for once!" Meera exclaimed. Kresonri smiled.

"I've heard about that. That's actually why I'm here speaking with you." She looked around. "Perhaps we should go somewhere more quiet."

The two jedi had decided to go to the library in the temple. Only a few people were in it today. It was usually empty in there. The halls were lined with rows of data cards and blue light.

Meera turned to Kresonri. "What did you want to talk about?" She asked softly as to not disturb the atmosphere of the quiet library.

Kresonri sighed. "I wanted to talk about your mission. The council agreed that I should be the one to tell you about it." She said with a calm yet solemn tone. Meera waited for her answer. "Meera, I urge you to not get carried away with this mission."

"I understand, Master. But please, I don't want to waste time." Meera said.

"Of course. Well, your mission is to investigate a murder here on Coruscant. The murder was taken place in the lower levels in an underground fighting arena called Crassitt's Arena. The suspect is... well... let me show you." Kresonri pulled out a holo from her robe. She turned it on.

Meera's heart skipped a beat. No. Why him? I had finally put him behind me and he decides to come back into my life. The holo showed a young adult human with black shoulder length hair with a chunk of white, pale skin, a scar on his cheek and brown eyes. It was Serran. Meera took a deep breath to calm herself.

"Serran has showed himself to us by committing another crime to the republic and jedi council. Do I arrest him or do I take matters into my own hands?" Meera asked the master jedi.

"You have been given the authority to kill him. But I warn you, do not get carried away. Your mission is to only investigate the murder and to capture the suspect. If he retaliates or makes any threat to the public then you have the authority to kill. But your first priority is to capture him, understand?" Kresonri warned her. She didn't want another one of her pupils to turn to the dark side.

"Yes, I understand. If you will excuse me, master, I have a mission to complete." Meera said before walking away.

"Meera." Kresonri said. Meera turned her head. "May the force be with you."

"Thank you, and may the force be with you as well." Meera responded. She walked out of the library.

Meera's head spun around her mission. It had been five years since she and Serran had encountered each other. She had gotten stronger since then but Serran had most likely done the same. What made it worse was that he had murdered someone on purpose. The little innocent padawan she had known for so long was gone. Meera hoped that this wasn't the case and that it was an accident but she knew deep down that it was.