Chapter 6: Korriban

Serran crossed his legs on the floor, eager to hear the information that he was about to get from Kleptos.

"To begin, you should know about me. I attended the sith academy on this planet with Darth Bane. We didn't know each other but everyone knew of him. He had come to the academy with no knowledge of the sith and everyone looked down on him. After coming here, he returned to the academy stronger than ever. After the war that he ended, I stayed on this planet and became the protector of Korriban's sith history. Now for what you wanted to hear. This remote, foreboding planet was the original homeworld of the Sith species. The Valley of the Dark Lords is an area of Korriban that contains numerous monuments serving as crypts for deceased Darks Lords of the Sith. The largest monument in the valley is this one, the tomb of Darth Bane. This Sith temple is the largest monument in the Valley of the Dark Lords, a corridor of ancient monuments that serve as crypts for the deceased Dark Lords of the Sith. When the brotherhood was formed, we abandoned this area under Lord Kaan's orders since almost every tomb has been robbed from by grave-robbers and the jedi. Not much is known about the Valley of the Dark Lords." Kleptos explained.

"I'm guessing the jedi didn't want the sith to learn the secrets of the dead. You mentioned earlier that Bane came here and became stronger, is that right? How did he?" Serran asked.

"No one knows. The Sith Empire was founded in thousands of years ago by exiled fallen Jedi fleeing the Battle of Corbos, which concluded the Hundred-Year Darkness. The fallen Jedi landed here on Korriban. Using their training in the Force, the fallen Jedi amazed the Sith and elevated themselves to god-like status on Korriban, becoming the rulers of the Sith people. As years passed, and interbreeding occurred between the Fallen Jedi and the Sith, the term "Sith" came to mean not only the original inhabitants of Korriban, but also their fallen Jedi masters. Until the rise of Naga Sadow, the existence of the Sith Empire was unknown to the Galactic Republic." Kleptos explained in detail. He didn't want to get sidetracked and was focused only on the important details that Serran had asked for.

"Who was Naga Sadow?" Serran asked.

Kleptos sighed. "Naga Sadow was a master Sith alchemist and Dark Lord of the Sith who, thousands of years ago, took the Sith Empire to the brink of galactic domination in the Great Hyperspace War. A half-breed Sith from Ziost, Sadow was trained by the Sith warlord Simus and ruled over a secret citadel on the moon Khar Shian, where he became one of the most powerful Sith magicians of his time. A member of the Sith Council under the reign of Dark Lord of the Sith Marka Ragnos, Sadow's preached an expansionist philosophy that put him at odds with much of the isolated Sith Empire's establishment. Sadow was considered a major candidate for Dark Lord after Ragnos' death, leading him into a power struggle with conservative rival Ludo Kressh that only ended with the surprise arrival of two explorers from the far-off Republic. Sadow saw opportunity in the two explorers—siblings Gav and Jori Daragon, and used the suspicion and fear raised by their arrival to foment war with the Republic."

"So he was an important Dark Lord. I get it. Now back to the Valley of the Dark Lords." Serran said eagerly, filled with excitement and determination to learn all about the secrets of the sith.

"Under the pall of Sith magic, this desolate world became more hellish and dangerous. The Sith Lords erected huge palaces and burial complexes to honor their fallen Dark Lords. After the fall of the Sith Empire, the planet lost much of its prominence in the galaxy, eventually falling off the galactic starcharts for a thousand years. Despite the belief the Sith as a species became extinct after the end of the war, isolated enclaves of Kissai and Massassi existed on the planet over a millennia after their empire's fall. After the fall of Darth Malak, the ancient tombs within the Valley of the Dark Lords were plundered by grave-robbers. Each tomb was once infused with the history and heritage of the old Sith Empire, containing great mysteries and powerful relics of the Force. Many broken, charred corpses littered the plains of Korriban during this time, virtually all that remained of the Sith who once inhabited the world." Kleptos continued.