~ darby allin {requested} ~

[ songfic ] a day dream away by all time low
SunnyLittleLioness

"i wish you could see your face right now
cause your grinning like a fool
and we are sitting on your kitchen floor
on a tuesday afternoon."

y/n pov :
it's currently 6:02 on a tuesday night. things between darby and i have been quite different. with him being out of town with working with aew, i feel
so distant from him. i'm just so confused with my emotions at this time. darby has been home sense five in the morning today. he has been relaxing today and catching up on sleep that he has missed due to being on the road. darby and i are currently sitting on the kitchen floor with fresh hot chocolate i have made for us. he is talking about work while i'm working on my emails on my computer. he has stopped talking for a minute, but i haven't noticed still being sucked into my computer. i can feel darting eyes on me. i look up from my computer.

"darby." i say as i look up from my computer. he shakes his head, eyeing his eyes down to the floor.

"hm." he says, eyes now darting across the room. tapping his fingers againts the skull painted coffee
mug.

"you're staring love, everything okay?" i ask him, clicking off on one of my tabs. his head props up from where he was looking to on the floor.

"i'm sorry." he says as he takes a sip from his probally now cold hot chocolate. "you just look really beautiful dear." he says as he looks down at his tattoo that is on his ankle. the compliment makes me so happy. i smile at him as i feel my self blushing. i take my computer screen and hide my face into the screen, not wanting to have him see the big smile on my face, and the blush that is arriving on my cheecks.

"doesn't matter when we get back
to doing what we do
cause right now could last forever
just as long as i'm with you."

darby and i spent the rest of the night sitting on the couch, listening to each other talk about whatever we wanted to. we both knew that there were multiple issues and obstacles in our relationship. we knew that things weren't the same and that we had things we needed to work on. we both love each other, but something had to change.

"you know i love you right?" darby says to me as he strokes my hair. my head is currently in his lap, as we sit in the dark while a candle is being lit.

"i know darby, but i just can't take this constant traveling. i feel so disconnected without you, i feel lost without you." i tell him. my hands start shaking, and i feel my heart begin to tighten. he brings his head down to look at me. his heart breaks seeing my hands shake and tears in the corner of my eyes. he hates seeing his ladybug in any state of hurtfulness. he has to do something he thought.

"why don't you come with me then, travel the world with me?" he says in a low comferting tone. i lift my head up as i hear him say that. my tears disappear in a instant.

"really? you're okay with that?" i ask him, leaning my head up to face his. looking deeply into his solid eyes. he smiles up at me, his eyes slightly squinting as he smiles.

"of course ladybug. it would be good for you and i." my cheecks blush with happiness as i pull him into heated but passionate kiss. we pull apart as he puts a strand of hair behind my ear.

"i can't wait to take you with me. we can skate on all the skateparks, i can even introduce you to sting, and possibly get you a job with me." he says as he runs his thumbs over my cheecks.

"i'm so ready for that adventure." i say as we embrace each other into a warm hug.

"you're just a day dream away
i wouldn't know what to say if i had you
and i'll keep you a day dream away
just watch from a safe place
so i never have to lose."