~ daniel garcia {requested} ~

myraa_allenn

                              cheer him up

y/n pov :
"your new ring of honor champion, wheeler yuta!" says taz through his microphone at the commentator's table.

"oh my goodness." i say putting my head in my hands. all daniel has ever worked for was this title. he wanted to make his name known. yes, tony khan did not give him the best matches to defend his title, but loosing it back to yuta this quick, didn't see right.

i shot my head up at the tv monitor and see daniel limping up the ramp, embarrassment in his eyes. i make my way to the entrance, wanting to comfort daniel when he comes through the curtain. moments later daniel walks through the curtain with his head down, not wanting to make eye contact with me, or anyone.

"oh baby." i say as i bring him into my warm embrace. he doesn't say anything, just wraps his arms around me. i let us stand there for a moment before i try to consult him.

"baby you did great out there." i say as i rub his back as he lets himself fall into me. i hear him sniffle as he brings his head up to look me in the eye.

"what did i ever do wrong?" he says as he looks up at the ceiling. his eyes red and puffy. my heart feels like it just sank six feet into the ground. i take my hands and wrap them around his neck.

"honey you didn't do anything wrong. you tried your best and that's all that matters." i tell him, trying to keep his hopes up and confidence. he just shakes his head no, like he can't even believe what i said. i huff, crossing my arms on my chest.

"c'mon, let's get your stuff and head back to the hotel." i say as i lend my hand out to him. he grabs my hand as we walk back to his locker room hand in hand. i sit on the couch and go on my phone while daniel gets his stuff together. i ask him if he wanted to take a shower here but he declined, he hates the showers here. i nod my head, letting him finish up packing.

i look up as i hear feet shuffling, as i see daniel with multiple bags in his hand, some around his waist, and some slung over his shoulders. i huff, not wanting daniel to carry all of those bags by himself. i get up and start to grab the bags at his shoulder. as i'm taking the bags off his shoulder i hear daniel grunt.

"what are you doing?" he says in a irritated tone. i know he isn't mad at me, but it still hurts a tiny bit knowing he is upset. i look up at him.

"i'm helping you with your bags. you just went through a big match with yuta, which i see took a lot out of you, so let me help." i say as i sling his one bag over my shoulder. he looks down at me, with a sign of gratitude.

"thank you." he says with a slight smile. i smile up at him, showing him i'm here for him with my eyes. he looks down at his feet before speaking again.

"are you ready to go." he says as he reaches for the doorknob. i nod my head, looking around my surroundings to make sure i didn't forget anything.

"yep, let's go." i say as i trail behind him torwards the car. once we get to the car we start unloading the bags to the trunk of the car. one thing about daniel is that no matter what the situation is, he is always the one that has to open the door for me. he will never let me open the door myself, he has to do it. i go to the passenger side door reaching for the handle when from behind, daniel wips my hand away.

"no." is all he says. he opens the door for me as i oblige and get into the car. he closes the door once he sees i am fully in, and he walks around to get into the drivers seat of the car. once daniel gets into the car he puts the car in reverse and gets out of the parking lot of the arena. he takes his hand and intertwines it with mine. he takes his thumb and starts rubbing it againts my knuckles in a soothing motion. it's something little daniel does whenever he is tense and stressed.

a smile creeps on top of my face as we head to the hotel. daniel pulls into the hotel parking lot. he let goes of my hand to turn the car off and get out. we both exit the car and head to the trunk to get the bags out of there. once we get up and inside our room, i flop on the bed, mainly in exhaustion. daniel walks into the bathrrom with one of the bath towels from the linen closet.

"i'm going to take a shower." he says as he looks at me to make sure i heard what he said. i nod my head.

"fine with me babe." i say as i grab my phone and scroll through it. he turns the light on and closes the door. i can hear him getting out of his clothes, as he begins to turn on the shower. daniel and i have not eaten for a couple hours, so i decide to order some of his favorite. chicken wings. there's a local wingstop a couple miles away, so i decide to order delivery.

i'm starting to get chilly, so i decide to get into the converter on the bed, as i reach for the remote for the television. i click through the old channels trying to find something to watch. a cartoon called king of the hill starts to play since it just turned 11:00 pm. i decide to let that play as i wait for the wings to come, and for daniel to get out of the shower. as i'm tucked into the bed, i feel my eyes began to slowly shut. i feel myself quietly drift to sleep, not attempting to keep my eyes open for the time being.

"babe." i hear as i can feel daniel shaking my shoulder to wake me up.

"mhm." i say in a quiet sleepy voice, still waking up from my quick slumber. he gives me a quick peck on the lips as i lift my self up on my shoulders.

"did you order wings?" daniel asks me as he goes to the table to grab the bag he must of brought in when the delivery guy got here. thank god he was out of the shower to get it.

"i take the bag from his hands and check to see if everything was ordered correctly.

"yea i did, i figured we would need something to eat before we head to bed. we haven't eaten in a while." i say as i finally sit up and start to open my box of wings. daniel sits next to me on the bed as he pulls me up to his side. he grabs the blanket and pulls it over us, laying our food right on top of it.

"thank you love." he says as he gives me another peck on the lips.

i smile at his gesture.

"you're welcome babe. did i order what you liked?" i asked him, not wanting to make him upset if i got him something he didn't like. he nods his head as he chews the bite of food in his mouth.

"it's perfect, thank you again love." he says as he grabs the remote that is sitting next to my legs. he puts his one hand around my shoulders, rubbing his thumb right above my shoulder blade.

"what do you wanna watch?" he says as he flips through the tv channels. i look up at him, admiring his brown eyes that always made me fall in love with him everytime i stared at him.

"i don't mind. you can pick, i'll probally fall asleep soon anyway." i say as a yawn escapes my mouth. he looks at me, smiling in the process.

"basketball okay?" he asks me, even know i told him that i don't care what he picks. i just nod my head leaning onto his chest area, still having the wings in my lap. some moments go by and daniel has noticed some slight snores coming from below him. he looks down, admiring my sleeping figure.

well i guess i was right, i did fall asleep, right in the chest on my lover.

- s