~ matt taven {requested} ~

< y/n is replaced with ryleigh >
@emmaparkermaximoff

insecurities

i hear a big huff as i walk into the locker room of my boyfriend, matt taven. matt has been really off these past couple weeks, and he won't tell me what's wrong. i mean i understand privacy, but he is my boyfriend and i always want to help him when i can.

"hey honey."

i say to him as i rub my hands over his shoulders, trying to relieve some tension i sense in him. he doens't say anything, he just gets up and leaves. with a confused look on my face, i take a seat where he was sitting, trying to figure out what to do.

i leave the locker room, attempting to try to find mike bennett, who is matt's tag team partner. i'm hoping he can tell me what's up with him.

i'm walking around the arena trying to find mike when i see someone walk out of the men's bathroom. best of my luck, it turns out to be mike. i run up to catch him before he leaves. i run up to him catching him a bit off guard.

he smiles once i approach him.

"hey ryleigh!"

he says to me waving his hand to greet me. i smile at his gesture, relief that i was able to find him.

"hey mike. you have a second?"

i ask him, fidgeting with my fingers i'm scared that he is going to have no idea what's wrong with matt. he runs his hair through his hair, concern washing over his face.

"yea - yea i do. what's wrong."

he says walking towards his private locker room, gesturing me to follow him.

"something is wrong with matt, and i have no idea what it is."

i tell matt as he opens up his door to his room. he looks at me with a confused expression.

"what is he doing?" matt says as he takes a seat, taking a sip of his water. i huff, taking a seat next to him, rubbing my hands through my hair.

"i went into his locker room, and i heard him huff, so i went over to him and rubbed his shoulders, but he just got up and left." i say as i look at him. he looks at me with a disgusted like look.

"what the heck. i have no idea ryleigh. i can try to talk to him for you."

he says to me, trying to help me. i shake my head, not waiting to make the situation any worse.

"no that's okay mike. i'll just give him sometime, and figure it out on my own." i say to him with a smile. he nods his head in understanding.

"alright ryleigh. let me know if you need anything."

he says to me. we both stand up as he walks me out of his room. he leans in to hug me, as i wrap my arms around his torso.

"thank you mike. i'll let you know." i say as i walk out the door. i see him nod his head, as i walk out the door.

__________________________

later that night :

i'm currently packing my bag in matt's room when the door to matt's locker room opens. i have not seen matt sense he got up and left, so i'm wondering if that's him.

the door opens up and there stands matt, with a apologetic look on his face. he walks up to me and wraps his arms around my lower back, pulling me into a hug. before i can say anything, he speaks up in a low tone.

"i'm sorry honey."

he says, still embracing me in the hug. i pull away to look up at his eyes. sorrow, is one expression i can definitely see in his eyes. i smile at him, leaning up to kiss his forehead.

"it's okay babe, i was just worried about you."

i tell him, wanting to reassure him that everything was alright. he looks up at me and nods. i speak up at him again.

"do you want to sit and talk about it honey?"

i ask him and i lead him to the couch in the corner of the room. he takes a seat, rubbing his fingers over his forehead. i take a seat next to him, putting my head on his shoulder, giving him time to speak. i hear his lips part, meaning he is about to speak.

"just felt insecure today. i felt like i could of done better in that match. i felt like all the attention was on how good mike did, and not me." i look up at him, while he stars at the blue wall across from him. my heart breaks hearing how he felt. he didn't deserve that feeling.

"baby." i say.

"you should never feel insecure. you did your best today, and that is all that matters. you and mike lost that match together. you should never put yourself down because of you're brother."

as i'm about to say more, matt leans into me and pulls me into a heartfelt hug. i can hear his little sniffing as he puts his head into the little space of my neck. i start rubbing his back, just letting him let out any emotions he had at the moment.

he leans his head up, looking into my bright green eyes.

"thank you sweetheart, i needed that."

he says as he grabs my head in his hands and kisses my forehead. i smile, blush appearing on my face. sense we started dating, ever little thing he does, it still makes my heart skip a beat.

he grabs my hand and pulls me up.

"how about we go out for some ice cream hm?"

he says as he wraps his arms around my waist. i smile and reach to hold his other hand.

"that sounds wonderful."

i say as we walk out the door. as we are walking out, i sense eyes on me. i look behind me and see mike. he gives me a wink and a smile. i just roll my eyes at him, while matt and i walk out of the arena.

- s