Prologue

Narrator pov

When Misaki was six years old, his mother got sick and passed away leaving him with his father.

But a couple years later, when Misaki was eight years old his father remarried to a women name Akari and she had two sons of her own name Mizuki and Sumi.

But things got worse for Misaki.

His step brothers weren't very nice to him.

Whenever his father wasn't around, Akari would be really mean to Misaki as well.

But then, his father got into an accident and passed away, leaving Misaki with his step family.

They forced Misaki to become their servant, so he was in charge of all the house chores and cooking all their meals.

Akari even forced Misaki to get a job and give her all his paychecks.

Luckily Misaki's best friend Shinobu that he's known since childhood helped him get a job at a Cafe he works at, so they get to work together.

Whenever Misaki comes into work, Shinobu, and their other friends Miyagi, Ritsu, Takano, Chiaki, Hatori, Yuu, Mino, Kisa, Yukina, Yokozawa, and Kirishima always check on him since they know about Misaki's situation at home.

(A/n: That's right some Sekaiichi Hatsukoi characters are in this story)

They have offered him a million times that he can move in with any of them, but Misaki keeps refusing because he wants to depend on himself.

But Misaki always thanks them for supporting him, so whenever he comes into work looking like he was gonna cry or something, they would be his emotional support.

Shinobu and the others hated Misaki's step family.

And if people compared Misaki to his horrible step family, they would get really mad since they know it really hurts Misaki.

Now, they always get together on lunch breaks.

Miyagi is a Literature Professor at Mitsuhashi University.

Ritsu, Takano, Chiaki, Hatori, Yuu, Mino, Kisa, Yokozawa, and Kirishima work at Marukawa Publishing in different departments.

Yukina works at a shop called Marimo Books.