Chapter 4

Narrator pov

Akari and her son's were in the music room.

Akari was playing on the piano while Mizuki sang Nightingale horribly while Sumi played his flute but it didn't sound good at all.

Their playing and singing was so bad, you had to cover your ears.

Meanwhile, Misaki was downstairs cleaning the floors.

He was singing Nightingale while cleaning, and he had a beautiful voice that sounded like an angel.

~~~~

Misaki pov

After a while of wiping the floors, I was finally done.

"Pew, I'm finally done" I say while wiping the sweat off my forehead.

I looked at my watch and saw that I had to get ready to go to work soon.

"Oh, I gotta go to work soon" I say.

But then, I heard a knock at the door.

"Huh, who could that be?" I wondered to myself.

I hurried to the door and opened it to see a man wearing some fancy clothes.

"A message from the king" the man says while holding up an envelope.

"Thank you" I say while taking the envelope.

After I closed the door, I looked at the envelope in curiosity.

"I wonder what this is?" I questioned to myself.

"I better take this to my step mother, I just hope they don't get mad for interrupting their practice" I say while feeling nervous.

I began to walk upstairs.

~~~~
Narrator pov

While Sumi played his flute, he accidentally got his finger stuck in one of the holes and while trying to free it, he kept hitting Mizuki's neck with it and that caused Mizuki to mess up on his singing.

Mizuki got mad and Sumi got his finger out his finger out of the hole, Mizuki snatched the flute out of Sumi's hand and hit him on the head.

They began to argue and hit each other.

"Boys boys above all, have self control" Akari says in a calm tone.

Then their was a knock at the door.

Akari slammed her hands on the keys of the piano that caused the room to echo loud notes.

"YES!" Akari yelled.

Then Misaki walks in.

~~~~

Misaki pov

I opened the door and walked in with a nervous look on my face.

"Sorry, this just arrived from the castle" I say while holding out the envelope.

"THE CASTLE?!" both Mizuki and Sumi say loudly.

Then they rushed over and snatched the envelope out of my hands, they both started arguing on who's gonna read it, but luckily Akari took the paper before they could rip it in pieces.

"I'll ready it" Akari says while looking at the paper.

After she read the note, her eyes widen in surprise and then a huge grin appeared on her face.

"Well, their's a ball tomorrow at the castle in honor of the prince" Akari says in excitement.

"A ball, the prince" both Mizuki and Sumi shouted in excitement.

"And it saids that ever eligible men and women is to attend" Akari says with a grin.

"Why that's us" Mizuki says in more excitement.

"And I'm so eligible" Sumi sighed dreamily.

My eyes widen in excitement.

"Then that means, I can go to" I say in excitement.

Then Mizuki and Sumi started laughing.

"Ha, you dancing with the prince" Mizuki says while laughing.

"I'd be honored your highness, would you be so kind to hold my broom" Sumi mocked while laughing.

Then they both started laughing more while dancing around.

I felt hurt by their mocking, but I tried not to show it.

"Well, why not?" I ask trying to show some braverly.

They were shocked that I spoke up.

"It did say that all eligible men and women are allowed to attend, I'm an eligible man and I am part of this family" I say with a brave expression on my face.

"You maybe a eligible man Misaki, but only my sons are going to the ball and you're staying home" Akari says in stern.

"But..." I tried to say.

But Akari cut me off.

"The answer is no and that's final" Akari says while glaring at me.

I looked down and decided to not argue with my step mother anymore.

"Yes step mother" I say while frowning.

"Good, now go to work and after you get off, you're gonna help us with our outfits" says Akari.

I nodded then I walked out of the music room.