Chapter 3

Narrator pov

Meanwhile, not to far from the town was a castle called the Usami kingdom lived a prince name Akihiko Usami.

~~~~

Akihiko pov

I was in my room laying in bed feeling exhausted after the trip I just got back from.

And I was also feeling aggravated and here's why.

*Flashback*

After I returned home, I got out of the carriage and saw my childhood friends Hiroki and Nowaki.

"Hiroki, Nowaki good to see you guys" I say happily.

"Hey Akihiko, welcome home" both Hiroki and Nowaki say happily.

Then we shared a group hug.

After we parted.

"You must be exhausted after your trip right?" Nowaki asks.

"Oh yeah, I'm ready to lay down and kick my feet up" I say while chuckling.

"Shouldn't you go greet your father?" Hiroki asks.

"That can wait, I'm to tired and besides knowing him he's probably gonna make some decisions about what we should do after my return" I say while feeling annoyed.

"That's true, but still" Nowaki says in worry.

"It's fine Nowaki, don't worry" I say with a reassure smile.

After we arrived to my bedroom, I immediately got into my bed and lay down.

"We'll leave you alone to rest Akihiko, c'mon Nowaki" Hiroki says while walking out.

Nowaki followed Hiroki out of the bedroom.

But before I could close my eyes, I suddenly heard someone come in my bedroom.

"My son, it's rude to not greet me after you returning home" father says in a disappointment tone.

"I don't care" I say while looking at the ceiling.

"But anyway, I decided to host a ball in honor of your return" father says with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my father with a annoyed expression on my face.

"Are you sure it's for my return?" I ask in sarcastic.

"Well that, and to also help you find someone to marry" father says in a proud tone.

"Ugh, father you know how I am when it comes to that kind of stuff" I say feeling aggravated.

"Akihiko my son, at least try to find someone you know that you're gonna be taking over the throne soon, so you need to get married in order to do that" says father.

"I can rule without a lover" I say while crossing my arms.

"But I want to see you happily married Akihiko, at least I'm letting you pick who you want to marry, most royal couples make their children marry whoever they pick" says father.

"I guess" I say in a low tone.

"And you can pick a man or woman to marry, I know usually alot of royal families forbid that but I want you to be happy so please try and see if anyone catches your attention" father begged.

I sighed but nodded.

"Alright, but if I don't find anyone their you will let me find my true love at my own pace" I say.

"Very well" father says while walking to the door.

"Wait father" I suddenly say.

"Yes?" father turned around in confusion.

"When is the ball?" I ask in curiosity.

"In a couple of days" says father.

"Alright" I nodded.

Then he walked out of my room.

*End of flashback*

"Ugh, why am I not surprised that father would do something like this for me" I thought to myself.

But I should consider myself lucky since he's letting me choose my lover.

Not gonna lie, I keep thinking that I won't find anyone because I know all the eligible men and women only want me for my looks and money, I want to find someone that will love me for me not because I'm a prince, just for me.

But before I could think more, my stomach started to growl so I knew it was time for dinner.

I started to head to the kitchen.

After I got into the kitchen, I saw my father, Hiroki, and Nowaki.

"Glad you came my son" father says while smiling.

I took a seat next to Hiroki and we began to eat.

While I was eating, I saw that Hiroki's face was red the whole time and the reason is because of Nowaki.

I know theirs something going on between those two, I always tease Hiroki about his crush on Nowaki whenever we were alone.

I always seen how happy they both look when their together, I hope they get together soon because they would make a cute couple.

I do hope I find someone at the ball.

And I hope they make my life better and happier.

A/n: No new chapter tomorrow due to a busy day I have tomorrow.

Have an awesome day 👍